photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, March 15, 2010

Style Profile: Kelly Hoppen Design

Before deciding on the Hotel Pulitzer for our stay in Barcelona, Fabian and I seriously considered the Hotel Murmuri which was designed by London-based designer, Kelly Hoppen. I love that Hoppen frequently uses monochromatic color schemes and that her designs have a sleek quality, without reading cold. All of the rooms designed by Hoppen feature a touch of glamour, yet remain completely functional. After spending time in London, her style definitely stands out as being very British to me. I am not sure how to properly verbalize it, but it seems that the Brits frequently use modern floral prints or sleek, muted palettes like Hoppen. Her work just has a sophisticated, British vibe to me. Either way, Hoppen’s style is lovely, vibrant, and a little bit opulent, which of course, I love.

{Hotel Murmuri Barcelona}murmuri6

murmuri4

 murmuri3 murmuri2 

murmuri

murmuri7

 

{Chepstow Residence}

chepstow

chepstow3

chepstow2 

chepstow5

{Old Meets New Project}

old2

old4

{The Loft}

loft

loft2 loft3

loft4

 

Image Credit: Kelly Hoppen

12 comments:

Doug Davis said...

Kelly Hoppen can do no wrong!

teebarnes said...

Kelley Hoppen is one of my favourite designers! Love her work!

Unknown said...

Kelly is just amazing.There's no other like her to create unique atmospheres where glamour,elegance and comfort form a beautiful whole .
Thanks for this blog !

Averill said...

Very lovely. I particularly like the gray bathroom.

LindsB said...

Looks like such a beautiful place to stay. Wonder if the bag in the first picture comes with the room too :)

Laura said...

Interesting observation on the brit aesthetic! beautiful interiors!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Kelly Hoppen rocks the design world!

katiedid said...

She definitely has great style!

Unknown said...

Kelly Hoppen has been one of my favorite designers for awhile! Her style is very classic and lovely! I could live in any of these spaces!

Gwen Driscoll said...

Just love her work. Thanks for sharing.

Gwen

Nancy@marcusdesign said...

Kelly does beautiful work, I especially love the large tufted headboard in the 6th photo!

paula said...

It's all incredibly gorgeous, but that outdoor space has me swooning.