photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, March 25, 2010

In Full Bloom: White Lilac, Inc.

{A Beautiful Centerpiece by White Lilac}

Social networking is a beautiful thing. I have met some amazing friends through blogging and it’s incredible that I have more in common with them than with people I’ve known for years. Social networking has allowed me to connect with people who share my same interests and I have met people whom I otherwise would have never known.

Just the other day, I was looking at the profile of someone in the bridal industry who had just added me as a friend on Facebook. I noticed she had commented on an image of gorgeous florals belonging to Sunny Ravanbach, owner of White Lilac, an event design studio in Orange County, California. I contacted Sunny who was incredibly sweet and agreed to let me do a feature on her AMAZING work. You are definitely in for a treat!

{Sequins Can Be Your Best Friend}

This was the event that kicked off my obsession with Sunny’s out of this world designs. How fabulous is this? It feels so special and features all of my favorite blooms in various shades of pink. Perfection!

According to Sunny, the inspiration for this event was “a piece of scrap Donna Karan fabric I found in downtown Los Angeles.I wanted to do an event where sequins were featured in an elegant way. The pailette chair covers and the sequins on the containers were the base and I wanted to incorporate pink in a sweet but not too too girlie way... so we did gradations of muted pinks to the hotter shade. We used parrot tulips, garden roses, peonies, ranunculas.”

Does it get any more glamorous? I don’t think so!

 

{Rooftop Shindig in Los Angeles}

The Rooftop Shindig was for the opening of a new building in West Hollywood. Sunny drew her inspiration from the hip, modern décor already present in the building.

White Lilac commissioned custom ceramic vases for the events and dressed the pre-exisiting rooftop structure with swags of butter yellow dupioni silk and lime green and yellow lanterns.

The floral designs for this event featured parrot tulips, garden roses, white anenomes with black centers, and yellow billy balls.

 

{Louis Vuitton Dinner}

This dinner was hosted by Louis Vuitton for their top client in California who happened to love red roses. Sunny chose gorgeous Black Baccarat and Black Magic Roses. So romantic!

White Lilac had these black plexiglass LV Fleur de Lys motifs custom made, strung them with votives, and hung them overhead.

{Wedding at Pelican Hill Resort}

For this event, White Lilac used a soft palette with shades of pink and lilac.

I love the lush arrangements and the chic ghost chairs.

 

{Jonathan Adler-Inspired Wedding in Palm Springs}

I would be hard pressed to find a better theme for an event in Palm Springs. I love the pops of orange! Simply fabulous!

A variety of flowers were used for this event, including my favorite bloom: pink peonies.

I like that they used a variety of new and vintage vases and containers for the flowers.

How fun are these cranes? I would love to see what the bride wore for this wedding!

 

{London Calling}

Are these not the prettiest flowers? They were designed for a wedding at the London West Hollywood Hotel, a super chic hotel designed by David Collins.

I love the soft pink palette and lush arrangements. It all feels very romantic.

A Close-up of the Ravishing Centerpiece

 

{Katie’s Baby Shower}

This beautiful baby shower was held in honor of Katie, one of the girls at White Lilac.

I love that every detail is so pretty and feminine. How gorgeous is the cake?

Pretty Centerpiece

{Bright Colors at a Wedding Reception}

Doesn’t this look like a fairytale centerpiece? I love the flowering branches and the cascade of blooms beneath them.

I really love that this couple opted for bright colors at their wedding.

 

 {Indian-Inspired Wedding}[DSC_0577.JPG]

The glamorous tone for this event is set from the moment you walk in.

The Bride chose fuchsia with gold accents for a luxe look.

Gorgeous Details

How amazing are these elephants made of flowers?

Sunny and her White Lilac crew are such visionaries! I am seriously head over heels for their gorgeous, impeccable work. Each of these events is so different from the last and it is evident that Sunny is really in tune with her clients. The designs for each event feel and look completely bespoke and special. I love all of the events I featured in this post, but I can’t get over the one with the sequins. Aren’t those flowers just insanely gorgeous? Which is your favorite?

To see more of White Lilac’s incredibly beautiful work (this is just a tiny sampling), be sure to visit their blog and website.

 

Image Credit: White Lilac

25 comments:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I am gasping for air, here at the comment log on the bottom of the post, so beautiful, I am already following.
For a Mississippi Bumpkin these are moments only seen in my dreams, for the most part, wow!
Amazing

ashlina {the decorista} said...

wow! there is so much beauty in those photos...holy moly. i LOVE the elephants!!!!!!
and the coral colored theme. i am blown away....
great post!!!! i have to check that flower co out.

Lauren said...

This is FABULOUS!!! DROOLING at my computer! I LOVE the sequins incorporated with the flowers.

Andrea said...

Wow, I couldn't decide which picture I like the best. Peonies are my favorite flowers though...

Erin Gates said...

Sweet Jesus- are those SEQUINS wrapped around those vases up top??? GENIUS!

Lyndsy said...

The sequins party table is Ahhh-mazing! I would love to do that in my house. Everything was so gorgeous!

Living It At Home said...

Amazing events and flowers for them! Wowza!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Incredible, I can't keep my eyes from these

Hello Lover... said...

I am absolutely obsessed with event design - 1 1/2 years after my wedding and I still stalk all the bridal blogs - images like these are exactly why - they are stunning!

Unknown said...

whoa, these are exquisite! who ever heard of sequined slipcovers or floral elephants? these designs are positively breathtaking and i can't wait to check out the rest of their work. i just added you to my "on the daily" blogroll :)

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

Absolutely beautiful,, I just want a few of those bouquets in my home right now. I'm off to a store to get some flowers :)

Thank you for sharing :)

~Edyta
http://edytaandco.blogspot.com/

White Cabana said...

Glorious and divine! I love them all!
-Jordana

Kathysue said...

Absolutely amazing every last detail in each design. Thank you for sharing such a talent with us in blog land. Kathysue

ALR said...

I am in awe! The beauty of these images are amazing. I can only imagine the intoxicating aroma of all the blooms:)

xo
Amy R.

Design Candy said...

I can't stop staring...simply amazing. My heart is racing so fast just looking at all of these arrangements! Genius, every single photo. thank you for sharing!

Averill said...

Wow! These are all gorgeous -- I'm sending the link to my sister who is in the midst of wedding planning. I'm particularly loving the oversized sequins in the first wedding and the JA-inspired wedding (love the orange and white!).

Unknown said...

White Lilac just blew my mind...again and again and again!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

What inspiration! I think it would be great fun to work with flowers, and if they could look like White Lilacs, that would be heaven. Just beautiful. Thanks for the lovely pics.

Vær våken said...

Oh my goodness...I love this post! The Louis Vuitton image with the roses and the black Baccarat is breathtaking!!! Happy weekend!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Everything here is just stunning.... I am overwhelmed- so much to love! :)

Chic Coles said...

There are hardly any words that I can use that would convey how beautiful these floral designs are!

reiintokyo said...

oh myyy gosh...im having those LV candles at my wedding! and flowers EVVERYWHERE like in these pictures! amazing amazing.

cotedetexas said...

whoa - this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

it was great seeing you today!
JONI

SpryOnTheWall said...

Just beautiful!

Lilac Artificial Wedding Flowers said...

That was a very lovely :)

Keep it up.