photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Dream Home in the City by the Bay

Isn’t it crazy when you come across a home that feels like it was designed specifically for you? This happens to me every now and then as I leaf through my favorite magazines. On Friday afternoon, I was flipping through the latest issue of Traditional Home and I came across this gorgeous San Francisco home, designed by Melissa Warner of the wonderful Massucco Warner Miller design firm. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities. It is gorgeous and to imagine living in a such a beautiful city in an equally stunning home sparked my imagination. I could move right in!

{The living room features pink velvet chairs and a fabulous little table.}

{The Home’s Dramatic Entry}

{The dining room plays host to bold orange chairs and gorgeous hand-painted de Gournay wallpaper, which you might recognize from the cover of the Domino book.}

{The powder room features several glamorous accents from the beautifully-shaped, vintage gilded mirror to the Ginger Single-Arm Sconces from Circa Lighting. The Scalamandre Zebras Wallpaper adds a touch of whimsy and eclecticism.}

{The kitchen, designed by architect Robert Stiles lends a sense of lightness to the house. The rest of the rooms are dressed in vibrant, saturated tones. The kitchen is an oasis of bright light. It is absolutely beautiful and has just about every feature I could ever hope for in a kitchen.}

{This lovely home belongs to the Morfit family which includes a two year-old daughter and four year-old son. Keeping the children’s ages in mind, Warner used faux-ostrich vinyl on the banquette and a laminated linen seat on the rattan chair in the breakfast nook.}

 

{The island, breakfast nook, and this seating area provide plenty of room to entertain in the kitchen.}

{In order to create a feeling of warmth in the master bedroom, Warner employed a palette of gold, white, and coral.}

{The beautiful linens are Matouk and the fabulous bedside lamp is from the owner’s personal collection. The wallpaper is “Asuka” by Osborne & Little.}

{A Charming Nook in the Master Bedroom}

{Isn’t the dressing room amazing? Notice the fretwork on the pocket doors and the wallpapered ceiling. I love the chain link design of the Soumak carpet.}

{Perfection! I love every last glamorous detail.}

{The two year-old daughter just may have my favorite room in the house. Isn’t it darling? The built-in bed and shelves are both efficient and stylish. I am head over heels for this color palette!}

{The headboard is upholstered in Quadrille’s “Paradise Background”. The pillows were custom-designed for this little client. I seriously want this to be my room! Although, I may be a little too tall for the bed and I’m not sure how Fabian would feel about it.}

{This four year-old boy’s room is more chic than most adult’s rooms! I love the bold, striped walls and the combination of orange and blue. It’s timeless.}

{The attic office would be a perfect place to write La Dolce Vita, don’t you think? I love the use of white as well as the lighting and of course, the Imperial Trellis roman shades.}

{A Stylish Place to Store One’s Wares}

 

Image Credit: David Fenton

P.S. The wonderful ladies over at Material Girls are featuring my home on their blog today. Please stop by and take a peek when you have a moment.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing house. I'm not usually one for wallpaper, but in this house, the wallpaper really makes the room.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

everything is so gorgeous, the fuchsia armchairs are amazing and the bedroom nook has me dreaming

Unknown said...

so much to love! the pink velvet chairs, the unconventional seating in the foyer, the scalamandre zebra wallpaper, the airy kitchen, the glamorous dressing room, the daughter's daybed, the attic office... absolutely to die for. thank you for posting!

KSK said...

I love every bit of this! I really want to replicate the navy striped wall in my house...and the orange nailhead headboards, of course.

Unknown said...

Amazingly beautiful!! Every room is so breathtaking!!

clementina urbano said...

complimenti, bellissime immagini. Clementina

bluehydrangea said...

I also loved this home when I saw it and was impressed it was in Traditional Home!! They are really stepping up!!

Kristin said...

wow! that house is amazing. i love every inch of it!

Marija said...

So much of this is just amazing. Love that the children's rooms are blend so well with the rest of the home! Marija

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

LOVE this house..perfection, I could move right in.

TERI REES WANG said...

White banquette in the kitchen and wall paper on the ceiling...two of my most favorite tricks!

Sarah (Matters of Style) said...

Gorgeous!

Kristen said...

Wow! How perfect does this house appear? Loving the gold wallpaper and the pop of color from the orange chairs. Just lovely!

littleshop said...

Crazy weird. I was just looking at their site this morning grabbing a bunch of pics for a gallery on my site. I have always loved that bathroom with the zebra wallpaper. And their bedrooms are some of my favorites.

Hello Lover... said...

This just arrived in my mailbox yesterday and I completely agree - I love everything about this home. I love the use of color everywhere and that very classic kitchen.

The Girly Tomboy said...

My faves are the orange dining chairs, the island breakfast nook, and the dressing room. And the kitchen is to die for. Thanks for posting!

And I love the lamps in your bedroom and the mocha on your dining room walls! And your dog is SUPER ADORABLE!

Ms. Pink said...

So unbelievably gorgeous! I love the office. I share your feelings that this house was made just for me too!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I'll take the zebra rug, orange chairs and the chocolate round sitting thingie in the entryway.
Send to the Bumpkin right away!

LindsB said...

When I saw this home in the mag I almost died! It is very rare that I love every room in a home, and with this home I am OBSESSED with every room. The dining room being my favorite- I would die to have a room like that in my home for sure!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I love this SF home too. Brilliant design details.

xo,
cristin

Lindsay said...

Oh.my.god! I am in LOVE with this house. I must find a way to make some pink velvet chairs appear in my home immediately! xx

White Cabana said...

Oh that dressing room! I'm jealous!

Design Actually said...

Wow, this house is amazing! I love the kitchen and would kill for that banquette area. The kid's rooms are equally chic!

Averill said...

I felt the exact same way when I saw this home. MWM has to be my favorite design studio working right now...I'd honestly take these rooms lock, stock and barrel and put them in my house. No changes necessary.

I'm particularly dying over the dining room and the kids' rooms (the colors are so spot-on!).

Lilacandgrey said...

This house is just PERFECT! The dining room is my favorite.

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

UGH! Get out of my HEAD already woman! I was just devouring the latest TradHome whilst beaching it (tough life) and was like 1 This is the best TradHome issue in awhile and 2 Those MWM girls know what is up. THat home is so HAPPY

Red Lipstick said...

This could be my home, I could just move right in! I love the orange dining chairs, the pinks, greens, just lovely.

Sydni "What's that Spell" F said...

Oh. My. G. Is it weird that I just love the 4 year old's room? Such phenomenal colors.

SF has such great homes...I entered the annual dream house raffle at sfraffle.com a few weeks ago, it's more or less the only time I can entertain owning a home of extravagance. But man, these pics are salivation-worthy.

traci zeller designs said...

I just flipped through that issue of Traditional Home today, and I looooooved that beautiful home! Thanks for including all of those fabulous photos.

Lindsay said...

Amazing, glamorous, chic and all-over dreamy! Envious! Love your blog btw!