photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 19, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 03.19.10

March 2010 House 132

This week’s fabulous room is my own master bedroom! I am always getting e-mails and comments asking me to share my own home, so I will definitely start doing more of that soon. We are in the middle of about 80 projects (or so it feels) and I will be sure to share images of the rest of my home in the very near future.

March 2010 House 143

{We bought our bedroom furniture at Z Gallerie when we first got married nearly five years ago. I still like it all, but would like to maybe do an upholstered headboard instead to add more softness to the room. Our duvet and sheets are from Pottery Barn and the convex starburst mirror is from West Elm.}

March 2010 House 062

{When I first started blogging, I did a couple of posts searching for the perfect bedside lamps. I looked at several options and one day, while shopping at Target, I came across these lamps at Target. They were a steal at $50 a piece. We added the chocolate silk shades ourselves.}

March 2010 House 108

{I keep stacks of books on my nightstand as well as underneath it. I usually can’t find the time to relax and read during the day, so it normally doesn’t happen until I am in bed. The framed picture was taken by my seven year old cousin at our wedding. The little, round, hand-painted box with the bird on it is from Mexico. I love the vibrant colors! The ranunculus bloom is from my yard.}

March 2010 House 097

{I made sure that Fabian’s nightstand had a few more masculine touches. The little vintage, silver tray in the foreground has the Empire State Building on it. We purchased it at the Urban Market. Fabian took the picture of the Golden Gate Bridge himself on our first trip to San Francisco.}

March 2010 House 185

{I love the color that our “For Like Ever” print adds to the room. My parents had two of these Bruer chairs when I was growing up and I always loved them. They were sweet enough to give them to us. I have one in our bedroom and another in our formal living room.}

March 2010 House 180

{The zig zag pillow is from Target. It sort of has a Missoni / Jonathan Adler vibe doesn’t it? The Longacre floor lamp from Circa Lighting was designed by Thomas O’Brien. I adore its architectural lines. It is one of my favorite lamps in the house.}

March 2010 House 120

{I tried in vain to get a good picture of Tate and I on the bed. He usually isn’t allowed up there, so I think I must have thrown him for a loop because he would not sit still!}

36 comments:

Virginia said...

Thank you for sharing your personal interiors with us!!!
Your bedroom looks so simple and elegant!!! I love it!!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Virginia

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

It looks great, Paloma! I think the space over the bed is striking in its simplicity. I imagine a lot of people would want more, more, more, but I think restraint works well here.

And Tate...well, he's just a sweet, fluffy, ball of cuteness. Love him!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the zig zag pillows and the "For Ever" print--so cute.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Those pillows are great- definitely a missoni vibe. And I love the tone of gray. I'm about to paint my living room gray and am searching for just the perfect shade. would you mind sharing the source?

Averill said...

Paloma I am so glad you decided to share your bedroom with us -- it's fabulous! What's the wall color, by the way? It's a great shade of gray.

Also, I love the zig zag pillows. Never would've guessed they were Tarjay!

suzanne said...

I adore those lamps! Target has some great treasures. Tate is just so precious too!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Fabulous indeed, gorgeous! I love all the small details and the colour palette! And the For like ever is one of my favourite prints!
Beautiful Paloma, I wasn’t expecting anything less!

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone!

The wall color is "Plymouth Rock" by Benjamin Moore. :)

KSK said...

Looks great! Tate looks very cuddly :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing!

I love the masculine and feminine bedside tables. I'm definitely going to make a note of that for inspiration when my husband and I find a place to live.

Renee said...

I love how you say "we" it is so sweet! The room is wonderful!

Jaime Rogers said...

Oh my goodness, Tate is such a little bear!!! Too cute, love him. Thanks for sharing your room with us Paloma!

Besos,
Jaime

Anonymous said...

I like the chocolate silk shade and Tate looks like he's posing for the camera! :)

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning in its simplicity. can't wait to see more of your home!

Ashley@invitingabode.blogspot.com said...

Paloma-- The room looks great. I love the simplicity. I have to ask--- What kind of dog is Tate? I have been admiring him and want one of my own!

Ashley

Chic Coles said...

Thanks for sharing! It looks so cozy and I love the Made By Girl print!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

super cute photo of you and Tate. i heart it.
beautiful job on the master bedroom. I love the way you added zig zag print pillows around the room. so lovely! and the pic of the golden gate bridge ( i love travel memories)
super fabulous room
great job.
have a fantastic weekend sweetness!
xo

The Urban Market Houston Antique Show said...

So beautiful, Paloma!
Jackie

thelovelist said...

Your room is beautiful and so are you Paloma!

Unknown said...

Ashley, Tate is a cockapoo (cocker spaniel /poodle mix). He is super sweet and smart and has been very easy to train. We LOVE him!

ALR said...

Thanks for sharing your pics. I always look forward to your Friday posts. Have a great weekend!

xo,
Amy R.

Tammy@InStitches said...

Paloma, your room is very elegant and Tate is SUPER cute but I tell you that all the time !

Nancy@marcusdesign said...

Love your master bedroom Paloma, those lamps are gorgeous, you did a fabulous job :)

LindsB said...

What a beautiful bedroom! I love the zigzag pillows and the lamps- all three of them are perfect for the room. Oh, and the chairs from your parents are a super sweet present!

Minnie said...

Your bedroom looks so relaxing and elegant. I love seeing how you mix high and low. Target has some great finds. I especially love your zigzag pillow and those sumptuous looking bedside lamps. So adorable to see that you styled each bedside table differently. Oh, also really like that colorful little box from Mexico. Such a great accent piece.

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes, your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring.

Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Kathysue said...

I can't decide if the pillows make the room or if Tate does. I think I am in love with Tate!! Happy Spring Day to you!! kathysue

Clayton Gray Home said...

wonderful photos - and Tate is adorable. Looks very similar to my wheaten terrier - Lucy. very cute!

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

I love your bedroom, especially how you organised the bedside tables! And your dog is a real cutie! :) Happy weekend! :) xxx

Brittany said...

I love your side tables. They are clutter free, but at the same time really personal and chic.
I love it!

LiveLikeYou said...

Those bedside lamps could just as well have been $ 500-great find! I bought a fantastic coffee table for my boyfriend at Target for $19.99 no one would ever guess the price tag.

cotedetexas said...

So cute!!!!! I love your bedroom - the wall color is great too. P: I have to laugh - Target lamps?????? Nothing like giving your competitor business!!!!!!! Don't tell Andy! :)

love you!
Joni

Unknown said...

Joni, you're so funny! Visual Comfort actually does the private label lamps for Target, so we're ok! No worries, though. Visual Comfort / Circa Lighting are very well represented throughout almost every room in our home! I am so glad you liked my room. It means so much! xoxo

chloeblossom said...

Your master bedroom is gorgeous! I'm in the process of decorating my home (post-being a student) for the first time, and it so inspiring to see the beautiful homes of bloggers I love!

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Beautiful bedroom. Thanks for sharing. I love those lamps, what a steal and the shade are the perfect complement. I can absolutely relate the endless stacks of books on the night stand. It's usually where I do my reading as well, if I don't get too sleepy first.
Have a beautiful week.

MyPerfumeLife said...

Heavenly bedroom. What is the paint colour on the walls? It's perfect. Will use your bedroom as the model for my own.