photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Perfectly Patterned

ues

While organizing my office recently, I was flipping through an old issue of Domino and came across a gorgeous kitchen designed by Christina Murphy. I found it so alluring that I immediately got online to find more of her work. Was I in for a treat! I absolutely love patterns, so browsing through Murphy’s portfolio was like hitting the jackpot! She has employed so many of my favorite patterns in her designs. From La Fiorentina to ikat to chevron to Imperial Trellis, it’s all there and is often coupled with a use of saturated color to produce stunning results.

ues2

park ave

classic8

classic5

{This floor is bananas.}classic7

 classic6 classic

{Chevron flooring in the shower? Yes, please!}

classic4

{I love the use of color and pattern in this nursery. So darling and fresh!}

 

All Images via Christina Murphy Interiors

13 comments:

Full House said...

I am seriously going bonkers over her portfolio.

Anne Lupton said...

Thanks for highlighting such great work. That chevron floor in the bathroom is so chic!

Averill said...

Great stuff -- I'll be saving most of these in my inspiration files!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Wow! I LOVE the chevron patterned bathroom floor! So chic!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Some beautiful rooms and fabrics.

LindsB said...

holy jackpot is right?!? Her whole portfolio is bananas- maybe my new favorite one :)

ashlina {the decorista} said...

wow. drop dead gorgeous room. especially loving the flooring and the wall colors.

great post beauty!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Thanks for sharing. I am loving the chevron bathroom tiles and the nursery is so cute.

~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

Oh those FLOORS... LOVE THEM!!!

Molly said...

Wow, can you say amazing?! Thanks so much for sharing!

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

The brown couch with the piping and the chevron bathroom floor are stunning!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Gorgeous interiors! I love the patterns too. The bathroom floor looks splendid!

bazaarofserendipity said...

thanks sooo much for sharing her work is beyond gorgeous!! the flooring swoon!