photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Equestrian Chic

atlanta tti

There is something quite regal about interiors that feature horses or equestrian touches. Like the horses themselves, there is often an element of elegance and beauty that few other animals can provide. There is a sort of relaxed stateliness that I associate with horses featured in interiors. My dear friend is an equestrienne and she carries herself with the grace and elegance that you would expect. She also has the most beautiful, equestrian-inspired Hermes scarf in one of her guest bathrooms that is simply stunning. I wish I had a picture of it!

Anyhow, I was going through the images on my computer the other day and came across the gorgeous image above. It is from Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle and was featured on Things That Inspire a while ago. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous shades of orange when I first saw this room. My home is currently undergoing an orange takeover in a few areas! The second thing I noticed were the beautiful Circa Lighting Studio Floor Lamps and Zodiac Pendant. Then finally, my eyes were transfixed on the spellbinding Lord Denver Horse Triptych on the wall. My eyes were glued for a good while until I decided to pull together some images of other inspiring interiors featuring horses.

bed horse

{Francisco Costa}

{Thom Filicia}

{Eric Roth Photography}

 

{Mark Badgley and James Mishcka’s heavily equestrian-inspired Kentucky home was featured in ELLE DECOR last year}

badgley mischka

 

tonic home

{Lord Denver’s Horse Triptych at Tonic Home}

[living+room_black+white+tan+horse+traditional+ecelectic_Moris+Moreno+photographer_desire+to+inspire+dec08.jpg]

{Moris Moreno via Under A Paper Moon}

{House Beautiful}

elle decor cover.jpg

{ELLE DECOR May 2008}

{Nuevo Estilo}

horses2

Caspari Horses Triptych - Fine Art

{This beauty is available through Tonic Home.}

{Mecox Gardens offers a great variety of stunning horse prints by Bob Tabor.}

NEW Courtney King-Dye tribute - large silkscreen poster

{Courtney King Dye Tribute Poster on Etsy}

Pulling Together

{Pulling Together Lithograph on Etsy}

Horses Run 5x7 Fine Art Photograph

{Horses Run Photograph on Etsy}

Horse of Course Monotype Print

{Horse of Course Monotype Print also from Etsy

I love this one!}

horses

 

{JJ the Horse Lucite Memo Pad from iomoi}

{Horse Knocker Personalized Stationery from iomoi}

hermes collage

{Shawl and Scarves from Hermes}

33 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What beautiful, dramatic art!

Anonymous said...

I love the first photo and the bedroom w/ the leather ottoman at the foot of the bed. :)

alison giese Interiors said...

So, so true about the regal elegance of all things horse. LOVE your etsy finds, too!

melissa davis said...

LOVE this post!! I am horse crazy! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love this post. Great finds.

escapade said...

This takes me back to my riding days growing up with horses. I often find that I dress equestrian without meaning to - blazers, tight jeans tucked into riding boots. These photos have me thinking I should continue the theme into decor. Now all I need is the horse...

catherine said...

What a great post Paloma - thank you for inspiring me!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Great post! I love the horse triptych.

theanchor.tk said...

wonderful post, the photos are amazing, great job!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

Badgley and Mishcka’s home is one of my favorites. I've always wanted to incorporate this style into my home...just not sure how sometimes. It can be hard to mix all your favorite styles. I guess it just takes time to come up with a good balance.

LindsB said...

While I've never really been a horse person at all I am starting to like them more and more with all these equestrian touches I've been seeing. The one house that really changed my mind is Badgley Mishcka's home- omg that home is to die for!

Jessica Claire said...

nice round up!

My favourite equestrian-inspired desigs are by Ralph Lauren Home

Edith Saylor Style said...

I love equestrienne influences in the home, and especially how you described it-- it's exactly what my mother and I were going for when she moved and I was helping her decorate the new house. This post would have been very helpful! Thank you! :)

ashlina {the decorista} said...

i absolutely love the equestrian look....very cool!
the piece from Tonic Home is my absolute favorite.

Anonymous said...

The second pic is from Francisco Costa (of Calvin Klein) home from Bazaar or Instyle magazine.
LOVE this post!!

Kala Roberson said...

Great post- Love the etsy horse prints! The unknown is Francisco Costa's NY apartment. I was going to post his apartment on my blog Studio Stella (tumblr). The whole house is amazing. Thanks, your blog is so great!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info on Francisco's place. I just looked up the rest of his home and it is equally stunning. So glad you all have enjoyed this post!

sketch42 said...

Ive done so many posts about this cause I am OBSESSED! I think they are gorgeous... I bought a vintage riding print and had it framed, Its fab!

the adventures of a modern housewife said...

I had my first experience riding horses last year on the beach when I took pictures for some friends when they got engaged - while it was one of the most painful experiences of my life - they are absolutely beautiful animals.

Kelly Green said...

GREAT POST - LOVE THE FIRST FEW IMAGES, SO DRAMATIC!

bazaarofserendipity said...

omg sooo much gorgeousness in one post! love the drama and energy that it provides!

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

have loved some of these beauties since I first saw them but so many new ones to love!!!

awesome post & really great finds.
xoxo,
lauren

Cafe Fashionista said...

Given the fact that I have always, always, always adored horses I absolutely LOVE you for this post. And I think I may need one of those Hermes scarves/shawls! :)

Emily A. Clark said...

I am also noticing and liking the horses popping up in design lately. Maybe it's the Kentucky girl coming out in me! Great pics.

ProParent said...

Does anyone know who makes the orange rug in the first picture? love it.
great post.

Nancy@marcusdesign said...

Beautiful post, I love the art work especially. And I don't know about you but I would take an Hermes scarf any day :)

Amanda Blair said...

Love the Roberto Dutesco horse photos in the first few shots! That series is his Wild Horses of Sable Island; I went to his Soho gallery a couple months ago, and they're even more impressive in person. Check it out!

http://www.dutescoart.com/gallery/sablehorses/index.html

-Blair
http://typeseven.net

Mona Thompson said...

Amazing pics! I particularly like the image from the Atlanta Home and Lifestyle and from Tom Filicia. Love the strong color, the equestrian inspired images in all the spaces were wonderful.

Chic Coles said...

I love anything with horses and love equestrian inspired interiors just as much!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Hey Paloma, I loved this post! Featured it in my Friday Faves :) http://goo.gl/fb/krUC

Charlotta Ward said...

I love horse art and equestrian influences in interiors!
There is another interesting post over at 'Moss Eclectic' on this subject which you may enjoy. (www.mosseclectic.com/.../wild-wild-horses.html)

xCharlotta

Missy Hager said...

Love these! My husband is a photographic artist who has recently started a series of horses in vintage processes. http://www.thomashager.com This post confirms how beautifully these images translate in interiors.
Thanks!

Alicia B. Designs said...

I hate to do this but I have taken a few pictures of horses up in the country. They're such beautiful graceful animals. http://aliciabdesigns.com/Portraits,%20Characters,%20and%20Animals.html is the link

great post!

xoxo
alicia