photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, March 8, 2010

Red Carpet Recap: The Academy Awards 2010

Sandra Bullock dares the photographers to touch her little gold man.

I put in some major television watching hours last night. First, I watched and tweeted during the entire Academy Awards show, then it was on to the finale of Big Love. I loved the comedy duo of Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, who I thought were downright hysterical as hosts. However, I have to admit that while I definitely have my fashion top picks, no one really took my breath away on the red carpet last night. What did you all think? Were you a little underwhelmed? While there weren’t a ton of gowns that I loved, those who got it right, really got it right!

Demi Moore 2010 Oscars

{Demi Moore in Versace}

Does Demi ever age? I thought she looked stunning (and tiny) in this blush colored Versace gown. Ruffles have had a huge presence on red carpets lately, but this look is not at all overwhelming.

Cameron Diaz 2010 Oscars

{Cameron Diaz in Osar de la Renta}

Cameron looked absolutely gorgeous last night! Her Oscar de la Renta gown was pure perfection and her hair and make-up complemented the gown beautifully.

Maggie Gyllenhaal 2010 Oscars

{Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries Van Noten}

I love the fitted, bold gown that Maggie chose for the event. It is lovely, chic, and unexpected…a  breath of fresh air.

Rachel McAdams 2010 Oscars

{Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab}

I loved the soft, watercolor-like palette of Rachel’s dress. It was modern and lovely.

Sandra Bullock 2010 Oscars

{Sandra Bullock in Marchesa}

Whether you loved or hated Sandra’s gown, I thought her hair and make-up looked lovely. The Marchesa gown is certainly memorable and worthy of an Oscar moment. Congratulations to her!

Nicole Richie 2010 Oscars

{Nicole Richie and Joel Madden}

An honorable mention goes out to Nicole for her 60’s inspired look complete with sequined caftan-like gown by Reem Acra. I loved her glamorous look!Helen Mirren 2010 Oscars

{Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka}

Isn’t she radiant? She gives me so much hope for decades to come.

Meryl Streep 2010 Oscars

{Meryl Streep}

I adore Meryl and she may as well be named the First Lady of Hollywood. She is incomparable. While I don’t always think her fashion choices are the most flattering, this Chris March gown looked lovely on her.

Sarah Jessica Parker 2010 Oscars

{Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel Haute Couture}

Did you love it or hate it? The color is lovely and I like the gown from the bust up, but the fit is so unflattering, even on teeny-tiny SJP.

Michael Sheen and Kate Beckinsale

{I love the shimmery gown Kate Beckinsale wore to the Vanity Fair party! I wish I had seen it on the red carpet. Simply gorgeous, Kate!}

2010 Oscar Parties - Heidi Klum and Victoria Beckham - Elton John Viewing Party

{Heidi Klum goes for a glamorous 60s look and the fierce Victoria Beckham wears her own design at the InStyle party.}

2010 Oscar After-Parties - Cameron Diaz - Vanity Fair Party

{Cameron really hit it out of the ballpark last night. First the gorgeous Oscar de la Renta gown, then this FABULOUS number by Victoria Beckham that I blogged about during fashion week. Shimmery perfection!}

 

Image Credit: WireImage for  ELLE, Vanity Fair and InStyle

17 comments:

Averill said...

My 3 top picks (in order): 1. Maggie 2. Demi 3. Rachel.

Not a fan of Cameron's red carpet pick. It ages her, I think...but her after party VB dress looks great on her!

sketch42 said...

My top pics:

Rachel Mcadams, Demi, Cameron.

There were so many bad ones that you were gracious enough not to mention!!

Livi said...

aren't the oscars so so fun??!!!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

cameron really really rocked the show! She is gorgeous and was dressed to impress!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I agree with most of your pics. Demi is ageless. Loved that Cameron went for the pretty last night--finally! Maggie's look is growing on me the more I see it and I like Rachel McAdams and Miley. Thought Victoria Beckham looked elegant, although I'm still on the fence about Heidi Klum. Kate Beckinsale looks gorgeous!

Design Candy said...

Great post-party pics here! I agree, Cameron's after party dress was amazing...perfect for her too.

Great re-cap!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love Cam's after dress- STUNNING and so fun!

Amanda said...

yes! Love that after dress! She was really the only one who dropped my jaw at the red carpet. Stunning. I've never seen her look so dang beautiful!

hello gorgeous said...

I missed The Big Love finale??!! Oh, no! I am off to watch it On Demand.

Anonymous said...

What about Jennifer Lopez?!! Loved her structured white/pale pink? gown.

Marija said...

First pic I've seen of Cam's after party dress - wow!! Prefer it to her Oscars choice. And I actually like SJP - I just thought her hair (and bronzer) was a bit much...

Marija

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I really liked Jennifer Lopez, Rachel McAdams and Nicole Richie. I thought Cameron Diaz looked like she walked off the set of Dynasty!

Agree, this year's red carpet was a letdown.

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

I absolutely agree with you regarding Demi. And the after-party dresses - almost better than what we saw on the runway. Thanks for the photos!

Jordana said...

Love Cameron Diaz's second look by VB. Sandra's look is still one of my top picks even if many disagree. I like the vibrancy of Maggie's dress. Looking at all these dresses makes me want to own a dress with a train and have a fabulous occasion to wear it!

Molly said...

I agree, no one really blew me out of the water. I loved Maggie and Rachel, though. I blogged about the looks here http://mmusings-molly.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet. I agree with your assessment and I like that you don't rip anybody apart.

Florist said...

love the cameron diaz's after party one and her expression was so adorable.