photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Product Review: Jo Malone Kohdo Wood Collection

The wonderful people at Jo Malone were kind enough to ask me to review the scents in their new Kohdo Wood Collection for the home which is set to debut in April. I was thrilled to have the opportunity because I have loved every Jo Malone scent I have ever smelled. So often, home fragrances smell artificial, overly sweet, and overpowering. On the other hand, Jo Malone scents are elegant and luxurious.

Kohdo_Scatter Candle Collection_300dpi[1] Both of the scents in the Kohdo Wood Collection arrived on my doorstep, beautifully packaged in Jo Malone’s signature cream boxes with black trim. The first, Lotus Blossom & Water Lily is meant to be a daytime fragrance. Its blend of “mandarin, sacred lotus blossom, bamboo and aloeswood encourages energy, inspires confidence and focuses the mind”. The second, Dark Amber & Ginger Lily is an intoxicating, rich fragrance meant to encourage tranquility in the evening. The scent is comprised of a combination of “cardamom, orchid and kyara wood designed to cleanse the senses and encourage calmness, relaxation, and positive thought.” The fragrances complement each other perfectly. Each is completely luxurious. I love the woodsy undertones of each fragrance which lend a sense of warmth.

v&a_06_039_v5[1] I think it’s brilliant that one fragrance is meant for day and the other is meant for night because it is nearly impossible to choose a favorite between the two. Each scent is sensuous, luxurious, and utterly chic. The collection will be available in April at Jo Malone boutiques, on the Jo Malone website, and at stores including Bergdorf Goodman, and select Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus stores.

11 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

They look divine!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I love Jo Malone! I can even imagine smelling it now

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

You lucky duck! I love Jo Malone!
p.s. I have been in Houston for the past 2 days, and this weather? I mean...magical

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh i am absolutely obsessed with Jo Malone...the body butter is out of control.
i carry a little vintage gardenia spray everywhere...great post. i love the pic of the store!

Living It At Home said...

These sound wonderful. I will have to find one to sample! Lovely~

Andrea said...

I am a big fan of Jo Malone. Super luxurious!

Angie said...

About two years ago, Jo Malone released the lotus blossom at Bloomingdale's in very limited quantities. So glad they're bringing it back. Mixing it with nectarine blossom and honey is simply delish!

Bethany Dirksen said...

Interesting. That seems like a super fancy candle set. May I ask how much they go for?

Anonymous said...

Love Jo Malone. Lucky you fore getting to preview, thanks for giving us a peek of what's to come!

Lyndsy said...

What a lucky lady you are! I heart Jo Malone stuff. Their scents are always unique and light and perfect for layering. Love it!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

I love Jo Malone! The new scents sound divine, looking forward to them launching.