photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Haven & Home

haven and home

Yipee! It’s time for this week’s installment of the “10 Things I Can’t Live Without” series. Today, Marianne, of Haven and Home will share her list with us. She is a very talented designer with a great eye and a huge heart that comes through in her work. I love that her list is equal parts practical and fun. Enjoy!

First I would like to thank Paloma for including me in this series.  Since I seem to fall in love with something new everyday it was a challenge to make my 10 Things I Can't Live Without list.  Here it is in no particular order:

1[1]
1.  Nail polish- I love the way nails look with a manicure and if I don't have polish on my nails they are destined to the ugly fate of being bitten.

2a[1]
2b[1]

2.  Technology- I am sure anyone reading this list would agree.  I don't know how I would live without my computer or phone.  There is no way I would be able to do my job without a camera on hand at all times.  Since I am in my car a lot I would be miserable without XM radio and I don't know what I would do without the TiVo to assist me with my guilty pleasure- an assortment of shows.

3[1]

3.  A Power Drill

4a[1] 4b[1]

4.  Good writing instruments.  In particular anything from Sharpie and these from Papermate.

5a[1]

 5b[1]
5.  Gallery Walls- I can't get enough of them.  There are an infinite number of variations and I love them all.  These are 2 walls in my home (neither are very good pictures but they are all I have saved on my computer at the moment).

6380842
6.  Magazines- I love blogs but nothing can beat a magazine.  I study them really taking in every detail, for example this tub.  Being able to tear it out and save it in my "One Day House" folder is a huge plus for me.
Image House Beautiful

7a[1] 7b[1] 7c[1]
7.  Target- Where else can you go with the intention of buying nothing and leave $125 later with everything from light bulbs, ice cream, shoes, wine, duct tape, dog treats and printer paper?  It is home to many of my other favorite things- Chapstick (the original in black) and of course Dr. Pepper.

8[1]

8. Gray-  I know it is everywhere right now and that makes me very happy.  I loved it before and I will love it after the trend is gone, it is my perfect neutral.
Image Canadian House & Home

9[1]
9. Geometric and/or textured fabric- a favorite being velvet stripes.  A great example is Philip Gorrivan's collection for Highland Court.

10[1]
10.  Last and certainly not least my Husband, Family and Friends.  I thank God every day for all of them, I honestly would not be able to function without all the support and love I receive.  I can't believe it but this is one of two photos that I have of Patrick, Harry and I...

20 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

loved this. thanks for sharing!

mrs.mfc said...

I am loving your gallery walls! I want to do something similar in our house but I am having trouble getting started. I love how "crowded" you have your frames!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Great list! I just love Marianne!

Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

Aww I LOVE Marianne, and this series, and sharpie pens...very deeply love sharpie pens

Rachel said...

oh what nice things to love. i especially like the nail polish and the pup! what kind of dog is he? he is way too cute for his own good :)

LindsB said...

I just love Marianne and her list, Target is tops on my list too!

tintarosa said...

I'm with you on the sharpies, DP and DDP. I gave up caffeine for Lent and miss them.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Now googling that set of Sharpie pens. Makes taking notes that much more fun.

And Target... oh sweet, sweet Target. Agreed.

Cheers,
Alaina

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Love her!!!!

Design Esquire said...

Love this! Your gallery walls look terrific, and I compelely agree with you about Target!

Emily A. Clark said...

What a fun list! I love Marianne's blog. Great lantern fixture in her breakfast area.

And, you know you're dealing with a real woman when "power drill" is on her top 10 list :)

paula said...

Marianne is gorgeous inside and out. Love her picks.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

So nice! I adore Target too :) Going to see her blog...

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for participating in the series, Marianne! I love your post! I, too am a huge Target devotee. I have a Super Target literally right down the street from my house, which is kind of dangerous. :)

Unknown said...

i can definitely relate to her love of sharpies and target. she is beautiful and i can't wait to check out her blog! thank you for sharing, paloma!

Unknown said...

i can relate to her love of sharpies and target. i can't wait to check out her blog! thank you for sharing, paloma!

Jordana said...

I can't live without my Sharpies or Chapstick either! It's the little things that make me feel at home.

Haven and Home said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments! Harry is mutt from the Humane Society- some sort of terrier, basset hound, dachshund mix. I think I need to go to Target now....

Chic Coles said...

That was just to cute. She is just adorable.

Unknown said...

Marianne, you are so classy!