photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

When can I move in?

HB Dec2011 New Trad3
It isn’t often that I see a home in a magazine or a book and think “I would move right in and wouldn’t change a single thing!”. There are plenty of gorgeous homes that I like, but much like what we’ve done in my “Dream Home” series, I would take different rooms from various houses to create the home of my dreams. All of that quickly changed when I laid my eyes on the absolutely gorgeous home of Mark D. Sikes and Michael Griffin in the December/January issue of House Beautiful. Every room is absolute perfection. There is a perfect balance between neutrals and patterns, classic and modern resulting in what House Beautiful has described as “New Traditional”, a style that very much speaks to my design sensibility. This charming West Hollywood home has a beautiful Mediterranean exterior and a traditional interior, resulting in an ideal canvas for the stunning interiors crafted by Sikes and Griffin, both of whom are visual merchandisers, which is evident in how fabulously the home is styled. The home is chic and polished, while exuding that quintessential, easy and inviting California elegance.
HB Dec2011 New Trad4
{The entryway draws you in right away. I am in love with the door!}
HB Dec2011 Paris Large
{Just yesterday, I posted the lighting in this home for the Visual Comfort & Co. blog. The grand dining room features Gracie Chinoiserie wallpaper, gingham chairs anchored by a couple of limed wood Chippendale-style chairs, and Visual Comfort’s Large Paris Flea Market Chandelier.}
HB Dec2011 Annette
{The living room is one of my favorite spaces in the home. This room is the embodiment of classic California style. I love how layered it is—so many great textures.}
HB Dec Grosvenor
{The homeowners drew inspiration from Christopher Peacock’s classic kitchen designs for the all-white, timeless look of this space. Hanging overhead, a pair of Visual Comfort’s Grosvenor Single Pendants.}HB Dec2011 new trad
{More Gorgeous Spaces—I am in love with the home’s exterior and the lovely library.}
HB Dec2011 New Trad2
{Amazing, isn’t it?}
HB Dec2011 New Trad5
{Classic Meets Cozy—This home exudes such charm. I’m not sure that I could tire of it.}
HB Dec2011 Narrow Neck Vase Lamp
{The guest bedroom features dark chocolate walls paired with flowing, ivory fabrics. Notice how the bed’s canopy is hung from the ceiling.}HB Dec2011 Single French Library Sconce
{I love the contrast between the high gloss black walls and the classic plumbing and lighting fixtures in the handsome guest bathroom.}
 
{Image Credit: Amy Neunsinger for House Beautiful}

11 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

There are VERY FEW houses I could move right into, but this one does it for me! It also makes me ache for extra thick marble counters. Swoon!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I know- it's amazing! When I received my issue in the mail, my jaw dropped for this home!

Luxury Monograms said...

I am SO in love with this home!

xx
Melanie

Vanessa Stern said...

When this issue arrived, I literally kept looking at these images over and over and over again! It's really quite perfect and I agree, wouldn't change a thing! It's so chic yet looks so cozy and approachable.

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

That big black door is unbelievably pretty. Especially loving the outdoor area. Feels so private and secluded! The photograph angle too makes you feel like you're peeking in on a private little gathering. Love it!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

Yes, it is pretty gorgeous!! I love all the detail in the prints, and the colour scheme.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! My favorites Diningroom, veranda & the bedroom. Simply perfection dahhling...

lifeloveluxe said...

Just gushed over this yesterday - the "new traditional" is so chic yet so comfortable. Bonus: anything black lacquered is just beyond delicious!

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Such a gorgeous home - I especially love that guest bedroom and the black bath - such a beautiful home with a ton of personal, unique touches.

Doug Davis said...

I agree, this house is GREAT!

DD said...

ughhh and the patio is divine! I have to mention that this spread killed all other articles in House Beautiful this month. You got good taste sista!