photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dream Home: Marcus Design

So, it’s officially back! Due to an overwhelming response to the end of the “Dream Home” series, I have decided to bring it back for a while. I am working on getting a new line-up together in between trips (I just got back from Spain and am headed to L.A. on Wednesday- yikes!). Please let me know whose “Dream Homes” you’d like to see featured! Today, we have the lovely Nancy from Marcus Design, who has created a gorgeous “young traditional” home that I know you all will love.

Marcus Design

Hello lovely LDV readers! A huge thank you to Paloma for allowing me to participate in one of my very favorite series in the blogosphere. And how fun it was to put together! My dream home would have a fabulous traditional/Hamptons vibe, starting with a grand exterior. Architectural details like columns and oval windows would be a must!

The black double doors would be sporting beautiful lion head knockers to invite you in.
The entry would welcome you in with a grand mirror, and I'd place a lucite console table layered in front.
There would be a tufted bench in the hall for putting on shoes {with sconces built-in to it - it's all in the details after all!} .... and just adjacent a jewel-box of a powder room.
The living room would be formal yet cozy and inviting all in one:
On to the kitchen, it would be white, bright & airy, with lovely marble smothering the counters and backsplash, and unique little details like glass cabinets in front of a window, and a comfy bench in the breakfast nook ...
The TV would be placed in a subtle way in the family room. High ceilings, dreamy panelling, and a Madeline Weinrib pillow or two wouldn't hurt either ...
A touch of Hollywood glam in the dining room would be brought in with a built-in velvet tufted bench and shimmery Romo medallion wallpaper.
We would definitely have 'His & Hers' home offices, a gorgeous deep inky blue for the man-cave, and a light & bright feminine space for moi.
Upstairs the hallway would have to include a vignette or gallery wall that would entice you to stay and linger a while ...
source unknown
The master suite would be a soft & calming retreat, with a generous amount of space for a seating area.
The master bath would be the epitome of luxury {it's a dream home after all!}, complete with a fireplace, floor to ceiling mirror with mirror-mounted sconces, and a free-standing tub .... surrounded by a library of course ...
Oh, and did I forget to mention I would have to have all black interior doors? Another must. The closet would be white, tailored & organized with a boutique feel.
The guest bedroom would sport hotel-style twin beds, a luxe dressing area and a lovely bathroom with the mirror-layered-on-mirror look.
And finally, the outdoor space would be fantastic: there would be balconies off each of the bedrooms and a large swimming pool. Oh, and let's not forget a charming little spot to spend summer nights watching movies on the lawn. I think we'd never leave home!
Hope you enjoyed my dream home - thank you Paloma for having me visit! xo

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This home is amazing!

Unknown said...

I think I am going to have to pin about 95% of this. Just fabulous!!

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

holy stunning! - i'm in eyue candy heaven!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Pretty close to what my dream home would be!

Visual Comfort said...

This home is simply stunning! We loved seeing so much of our lighting featured. The bathrooms and closets in this home are beyond!

Jami - XOimagine said...

I love Nancy's style! Perfect dream home. My favorite are the black doors!
XO - Jami
Imagine Design Blog

Arianna Belle said...

Nancy, you are a girl after my own heart. Love love love your dream home!

Bella said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! I love every picture and keep dreaming:-)

martinaness.com

Barbara Matson said...

Nancy, such a gorgeous dream space! Love, love, love! You have hints of some of those spaces in your own home - only you need your villa!

Marcus Design said...

Thank you so so much Paloma for having me today, I'm honored and truly had such a fun time picking and choosing from the photos in my ever-growing 'dream home' file :) And I think you hit the nail on the head by calling it young traditional! I love everything new traditional these days!! Hugs,
Nancy xo

Unknown said...

Fabulous!!! Love the very classic/chic feel in all the photos :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, I think this is the first home in this series that I agree with and love 100%. Thank you!
Noelle

The enchanted home said...

WHOA! This is a seriously over the top dream home..only dangerous part might be that you would never ever want to leave!! Absolutely love it!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Wow! Very pretty......I love your choices.

Sheila @SZInteriors said...

What an awesome selection! So much to choose from, and it's all eye candy!

StockholmPRGirl said...

Fabulous - I love this collection! The living room is my absolutely favourite! x

Amanda said...

wow! I love each and every picture..can't tell which is my favorite!
xox
amanda

www.lovenycstyle.com

Unknown said...

Excellent taste! Loving all of Nancy's choices! XoXo

Zuzankita said...

OMG I am so in love with this last photo!

GIVEAWAY on my blog
karissaworld.blogspot.com

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

Wow Nancy! This is absolutely gorgeous. Great collection!

Karena said...

Paloma, Nancy has the very best taste and it has been such a delight to follow her Dream Home Series!!

2013 Designers Series
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena