photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Luxe Report: Fabulous Feathers

Hello, La Dolce Vita readers - it's me (Rebecca from Young Sophisticates) again! This edition of the Luxe Report focuses on the fanciful feather trend!
When I saw a trio of fabulous women - designer Jenna Lyons, actress Uma Thurman and model Natalia Vodianova (pictured below)- in American Vogue wearing feathered eveningwear a few issues back, I knew this was one trend to watch.
Take a style cue from J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons and incorporate feathers into an unexpectedly chic ensemble: a feathered skirt paired with a casual cashmere sweater.
Or, embrace your inner girly girl and wear a gorgeous gown with ostrich feathers - think Elie Saab, Marchesa or Pamella Roland's Fall 2011 collection.
SHOP THE LOOK (for your closet):
Don't be shy about adding feathers to your home! Feather accessories are totally on trend in interior design right now. Even think about trying a fun feather print wallpaper...
{Photo Credits: via Rebecca June; via 3bp.blogspot; via Jennifer Worts Design; via 1.bp.blogspot}
SHOP THE LOOK (for your home):
I hope you add some fabulous feathers to your wardrobe or home! For more ideas on fashion, trends, and stylish living, check out my blog Young Sophisticates.

6 comments:

DD said...

I'm totally on the feather trend right now! Peacock feathers are so inspiring because of the colors, so glam. I even made a marabou feather vest for only $59!

http://www.dalliancedesign.com/2011/10/diy-marabou-feather-vest.html

Enjoy!

Nicole

Lindsay @ A Walk in the Closet said...

The feature scrolls in that second last photo are beautiful! What a great idea.

p-l-a-i-d said...

I love the look of peacock feathers for design inspiration. The color and shape looks great in so many spaces.

Park Interiors said...

Love feathers! I'm getting my sister some feather water color paintings for Christmas. Gorgeous!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I received my West Elm feather wreaths a couple of weeks ago and I love them! The feathers aren't applied on the back of the wreath, so I bought two and put them back to back. I will hang from a simple teal ribbon in my window at x-mas time. Buy one or two, you won't be sorry!

Virginia Country House said...

Thanks! So inspiring. Jenna is always right on target. A feather skirt would have to be for a stand-up event though, because I have a feeling they would look a bit worse for wear after sitting in them. Funny, though, birds always look fine after sitting in their feathers.