photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Glamour Obsession: French, Do It Better.

Bonjour, kiss kiss!  Vanessa Stern here from Vanessa & Valentine.  They say French women don't get fat, maybe it's because they like to look so stylish all the time!  As a self described Francophile, I love all things French and I especially love French style (and French House music too).  I've been dying to get back to Paris again, even if it's just for 5 short days, and I've made a promise with myself to one day live there for an entire season.  Check out some of my favorite French styles...    

A French women knows the importance of the little black dress, but she also knows how to kick it up a notch with black lace, a little black Chanel purse, tan top coat, and a messy, yet stylish up 'do.  I love how French women always seem to look so polished even when their hair is disheveled.
She knows the importance of a good trench coat topped over a basic black sweater and jeans, but she glams it up with mile high pumps and of course, a chic bun.
She loves a French crystal chandelier for every room.
Carine Roitfeld is the epitome of French chic with her dark belted trench and black sunnies.  This chick can do no wrong in my book!   
She pairs a gray trench and mile high studded boots with gold jewelry and aviators (and gotta love the messy hair!)
She understands the importance of tan and white, with brown leather year round and she stays warm with a stylish hat...
She spices things up with a flowy little red number and a bold blue clutch!
She invests in the classics...

...and she knows less is more by pairing skinnies with a perfectly tailored blazer over a simple black tee, topped off with killer stilettos, and playful braids (a classic black purse is a must).
She is known for her energy and joie de vivre...
She chooses earthy, neutral colors and casually throws her hair up in a loose chignon...
...or she will opt for something more serious, structured, and sophisticated.  The black bob hairstyle is her calling card so watch out!
She loves a sidewalk cafe and will sip an espresso or glass of red mid-day with no remorse. 
She adores black lace dresses, hair styled long and layered, and her favorite shade of red lipstick.
She takes public transportation and navigates through the city streets in heels...
She rides a little Vespa to the cafe.
She'll even wear skin tight snakeskin in the middle of the day just because she can.
 
Au Revoir...Till we meet again!
xo,
Vanessa
 
Images via Pinterest, The Sartorialist, and Stockholm Street Style

29 comments:

Arianna Belle said...

So much great fashion inspiration. Great post Vanessa!

lifeloveluxe said...

ooh lala! I think it's time to book another trip to Paris (and give up eating!).

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Neda said...

I want to live in these photos! Lovely post...hopping over to the blog now. :)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm booking my flight to Paris now!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Oh my...there was SO much goodness in this post! I'm craving Paris big time now.

Unknown said...

Love this post! Beautiful photographs, the loose chignon and neutral toned example is my favorite. Complete air of relaxed perfection.

www.FashionablyTactless.com

Chelsea said...

French DO do it better! I love the pics you included in this post...They're getting added to my look book when I don't know what to wear. You can't go wrong with these style cues.

Sandy said...

Makes me want to jump on jet to Paris like yesterday. Love it!

Gwen Driscoll said...

These images are so amazing & beautiful. Thank you for sharing them w/ us. Hope you have a great holiday.

Karlita said...

what a beautiful post! classic french styles!.. quality and good purchases get together so well!!.. oh. it was great to read this post with the music you suggested at te beginning.. I was totally transported to Paris!

Interior Design said...

The French leads the way in terms of fashion and design. Nice outfit you featured here. Very lovely!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I love love love this post! Everything is so true. French women are such an inspiration!
Oh - Fancy That.

Tiffany said...

amazing post!!

Amanda said...

such great pictures!!
xox
amanda

www.lovenycstyle.com

Anonymous said...

The first picture was taken in Spain, not in France. Such a clichée. Paris is about so much more than La Durée and the Eiffeltower.

~R said...

Love this post!! French girls are just so much cooler. Why couldn't I have been born French?!

Love so many of these outfits here. Thanks!

~R

Anzu said...

Gosh. They ALL look amazing!
Great post, although a lot to live up to!!

Janette Mallory Interior Design, Inc said...

I LOVED every photo in this post!!! Happy Thanksgiving Janette Mallory

Style Pistol said...

Zounds!

This makes me want to travel back in time to when I studied abroad in Paris. Great photo chioces!

Noelle Sylvester said...

Loving this post. I keep coming back to it over, and over again. The Parisian inspiration is so beautiful.

xxoo,
n
iheartgrey.tumblr.com

Carla said...

Fabulous selection of pics and great observation on French women, they have the ability to put an outfit together from a very young age........practice makes perfect as they say and the French in my opinion are the best.
Carla x

Anonymous said...

Half the women photographed are from Milano - why should France get all the credit?

Anonymous said...

Oh they starve all day and survive on black coffee, red wine and cigarettes, i wish I had their discipline!

Abby said...

Love this! Thank you!!! :)

www.socalsophisticate.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

What a great collection of images! I absolutely love the classic, sleek and yet effortless approach they have to clothing ♥

Anonymous said...

"She takes public transportation and navigates through the city streets in heels..." is in Milan Italy

Anonymous said...

"She takes public transportation and navigates through the city streets in heels..." is in Milan Italy

The Siren Seer said...

I love this post! Simply fabulous! wish I could visit those places!

Andrea K Haid said...

Lots of lovely fashion and beautiful photos but I'd love to see a woman who isn't so skinny with style too. I feel hungry just looking at these photos!