photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Caped Crusaders

Pinned Image
I’m currently obsessing over these chic, caped looks. There is no easier way to achieve a look that is at once completely stylish and polished as well as cozy and warm than to throw a beautiful cape over some basic items such as a pair of black skinnies and a crisp, white tee. Simply add a fabulous bag, some jewelry, and a pair of killer heels or riding boots and you’re all set!
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Do you have a cape that you love? I just ordered the J.Crew version pictured above and below and am super excited about the possibilities this camel and black-trimmed version has to offer! It seems like something that would be a staple in my wardrobe forever and would be appropriate for just about anything—the office, Saturday brunch, dinner, running errands.
capes get the look
capes
{Clothing Sources:1|2|3|4|5|6|7}
 
{Images via Pinterest}

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I love capes. Easy to throw on and they aren't too hot in a warmer climate. They never seem to go out of style.

Something Old, Something New said...

Love this trend. That first one is so cute!

Unknown said...

i got a cape from Nordstrom this year - been wearing it almost everyday - LOVE it!!!!

Shannon said...

I love me some capes. I am a coat collector and I just can't get enough of this style!

www.dylandrake.blogspot.com

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I absolutely love this look! So chic

Unknown said...

I love the J.Crew cape!

Erin Goodchild said...

I love this look - nothing is more chic!

the taupe said...

The Crew cape will be so versatile. I couldn't live without my capes... black (x2), grey, camel... just trying to find a cream and a navy then I'm all set! For a little while.

I love them with suede over knee boots, too.

Katie said...

I have that J Crew cape, I LOVE IT! You will get a ton of wear out of it!

Imwaytoobusy said...

That first cape is just beautiful! Fabulous picks.

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

love love love. i got the crew cape on sale at the e hampton store at the begining of the season. such a snag! **

Laura Trevey said...

All so stylish and beautiful!!!

xoxo Laura

Da me, da noi said...

Love the capes! It's my love piece for this winter! :)

L.A. in the bay said...

absolutely adore what you put together. Would wear this outfit in a second.

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

I've been eyeing that cape! It's so cute.

Unknown said...

capes are my fav!

Shasie said...

I have a black one, but now I definitely want a tan one! oh la la
Shasie of Live Life in Style
Win A Shabby Apple Skirt in my Thanksgiving Giveaway