photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Favorite Room: Fabulous K

Hello LDV readers, Kelly from Fabulous K here today, sharing one of my favorite rooms: my office.  Being a graphic designer + blogger, I spend more time in here than in any other room, hands down.  I think it's my favorite because it's a collection of things that I love and that inspire me, which helps to nurture the creative process.


My office is all about function.  I have to be organized, otherwise my brain shuts down.  The walls are a lovely pale gray that changes throughout the day.  It's the perfect base for the stark white furniture and accents, which I warm up with touches of gold, brass, and my signature pop of color here and there.


The small gallery wall above my desk is an affordable mix of prints, photographs and wrapping paper-turned-art. Having everything in white frames keeps it feeling coordinated.


Since I spend so much time working, it's nice having a comfy-cozy couch in my office to curl up on with my laptop. Some mornings I'll start my day with a cup of coffee and my laptop; especially if I was at my desk working late the night before.

 

There are lots of little personalized touches in my office: books that inspire me, a homage to my favorite city (NYC), snapshots of sweet friends.  It's these little details that I adore being surrounded by.


All in all, this is a room that feeds my creativity and for that reason, it's my favorite.  I hope you enjoyed this little tour of one of my favorite spaces; thanks for having me, Paloma! xx

22 comments:

Chic Geek said...

Loving all the small details in this space- especially the Leigh Viner "draw the line" print. It's my blog header!
xx

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

I love the graphic designer/bloggers out there! (I'm one as well -- I love seeing how design can translate from one form to another. What a great space, thanks so much for sharing!

abodelove.com

michele said...

so chic and charming!

hope you'll visit soon.

smiles.

michele

Marionberry Style said...

Love taking a sneak peek at the "real life" settings of bloggers. Love Fab K and you can definitely see her design aesthetic present in her surroundings. Gorgeous!
XO - Marion

{kara} said...

Fabulous K's office is too much! Too much loveliness, i tell you! Man oh Man. Love the prints on the wall, the pops of color, the cozy couch, all of it.

Albertina said...

I love Kelly's office! She sure has great taste! She designed my blog :)

Ann said...

What a lovely space,
love the pops of pink.

Rina said...

Pretty colour combo. Eventually I would like to get a comfy settee in my office too.

Rina
www.glamathome.com

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

Loving this little peak into Fabulous K's office. It's gorgeous!

Annie said...

Love it!! Such a lovely, chic space in which to work. I love the way it feels decorated and lived in but not cluttered.

Alisa said...

Peonies make any room better!

Anonymous said...

Kelly has such amazing style. I just loved seeing her amazing office. One day, I hope mine will look half this good! That may be pushing it though. xoxo

P.S. The Now and new sponsor, Swirl, are hosting a J. Crew Gift Card Giveaway! Make sure to enter!

Anonymous said...

love all the details! nice way to use a stool as a coffee table-esque. oh and howdy fellow houstonian!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Such a pretty space, I love all of the little details!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I spotted the Mary Kate and Ashley book...once upon a time, I was a huge fan of the twins. Lived for Full House :) LOL

Happy to be your newest GFC follower. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside
Thanks,
Tami

Kristen said...

LOVE this space. So feminine and fun. Would love a space like this in my home!

Anonymous said...

i don't think anyone could NOT feel inspired by this space!

|||tara | planned spontaneity|||

http://www.pspontaneity.wordpress.com/

Dawna Jones Design said...

What a great space! I love everything calm and neutral with just a little pop of color a place I could work in!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Haley said...

What an AMAZING work space, Kelly! That's how I picture my "ideal" office to look (I would definitely hire you to do some styling for me if I were living in Dallas) wow, that's impressive! Just fabulous!

sunshine days said...

I am massive fan of white and generally obsessed by home decorations. Following you now :-) Hope you can visit my blog too. xx
SunshineDays

Deana said...

I love all the small personal details that really make this space her own. If I had my own home office, it would want it to look just like this.

tesoribelle.com

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Kelly has great style, love this! so glad to see my LOVE print in her place...! xo

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com