photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Vintage Remix Fete

Hello it's Erika from small shop! I was so fortunate to have been able to attend a lovely book party on Wednesday night, in Paloma's place. Guests gathered at the treasure trove RUMMAGE in West Hollywood to celebrate the launch of owner Kishani Perera's book, Vintage Remix. A gorgeous setting and only the most supportive collaborators and fans were there to sip, chat, have a few laughs, and get their very own autographed copy of Ms. Perera's exquisite publication. A recap:
Bottom right photo (L to R): Lauren Frederickson and Sara Sugarman of Decorative Carpets, Christian May, Richard Morales, Jill Seidner, and me.
When I got home I had a chance to flip through my very own copy, and was completely blown away by the stunning imagery on every single page. Not only is it completely MY style (and for those who know me, you'll agree) but it is visually rich, thoughtfully laid out, beautifully photographed, and carefully curated. Cannot recommend highly enough. A peek:
I know Paloma was really disappointed she couldn't attend. But don't fret, I picked up her very own gem that she can pour through and be inspired by just like me!
Cheers to the charming and talented Kishani Perera!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Erika! I need that book STAT and that store is ridic!! I could get in a ton of trouble in there! xoxo Elizabeth

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Been meaning to stop by her shop since I shop in LA every week! Love her global treasures and every inch of the space screams style! Great coverage E!

I’m hosting 5 days of GIVEAWAYS in honor of my blog’s 2yr anniversary…would love for you to stop by and check it out!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

viv said...

This looks like one fabulous party!

Jalon Burton said...

What a great party! I have been MIA... jury duty :p... but had to stop in just to see what was going on over here! love the post, thanks so much for sharing. Enjoy your weekend... Jalon

Unknown said...

so nice to meet you, erika, and thanks for including me in your post.

kishani's book rocks, doesn't it?

Madeleine said...

Great post! I really enjoy your blog.

x
THE EXPENSIVEST

kishani said...

thanks again erika!!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

She is so pretty....and check out those SHOES! Hot!