photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Photo of the Day 04.19.12

Pinned Image

I saw this image on Pinterest the other day and was immediately drawn in. Not only is it a great shot from an editorial perspective, but there is such an inviting ease in this room. Upon further inspection of the space, I noticed the Beni Ourain rug on the left and the spotted rug on the right. I love them separately, but am not as sure about them side by side. What are your thoughts on using two different but coordinating rugs next to one another like this? Would you ever try this in your own home?

11 comments:

Glitterati said...

Two carpets? Great, but not so easy to manage :)

millie {passiondecor} said...

I like the idea very much

Kayla @ Your Day Simplified said...

Oooo! That was actually the first thing I noticed- love it!! As long as they are of similar color and scale of the print I think it works. A bit daring!

Unknown said...

Yes very cozy but editorial at the same time.

http://www.designers-artists.com

Limezinnias Design said...

Yes, love them together...love that they are two different patterns!

Tanisha E said...

Nice, very nice

Nicole Hough said...

So right - this room is soothing and beautiful but something about the carpets makes me uneasy. The patterns and colors work together nicely, I think it's the gap between the two with the table bridging it that bothers me. Love it otherwise tho! Great pic as always.

Erin said...

I'm with you. I don't know about the side by side. Kinda confuses me, distracts me...too busy or something??? Can't put my finger on it but I know I don't like it. I do love the texture and everything else the room offers.

http://leeanderin.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I agree not too sure about the two rugs together! Love them separately though. Great editorial shot!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Amber said...

I actually think it works - the similar tones balance the distinct patterns. Great photo find!

Maurie@GraciousInteriors.blogspot.com said...

I'd use the two carpets in adjoining spaces, because of the similar color ways and the complimentary not conflicting pattern scales.