photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 27, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 04.27.12

trad home vendome

This week’s fabulous room was designed by Christina Murphy, one of my favorite young designers. I love the modern traditional approach she used in this New York apartment. A neutral palette is dotted with kelly green accents. I love the chairs pictured above—finished off with vibrant green lacquer and nailhead trim. The Vendome Triple Sconce from Circa Lighting abstract paintings, and Barcelona-style bench dressed in Windsor Smith fabric add a modern influx of style.

trad home vendome2

I always love to see rooms in which the use of seating is maximized. The layout of this room is just as ideal for an intimate conversation between friends as it is for a cocktail party as it has plenty of seating options. I especially love the rich chocolate sofa with its contrasting white base and the beautiful kelly green ikat pillows and vintage lamps in this shot. What do you love most about this room? If you could have one item from this space, which would you choose?

 

{Images via Trad Home}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

o00 that bold pop of green is genius :) happy friday, enjoy the weekend!!! Hugs form California! xx,
The Golden Girls

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love the touches of kelley green! I agree- the back to back sofas was an excellent way to keep the room open and flowing while still creating intimate spaces.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Unknown said...

From what I can see, this is such a great use of space! It's almost like turning one room into two. I'm with you on the chocolate couch with the white base. So rad.

Lovely blog! I look forward to checking back every now and then (i.e. whenever it pops up in my blog feed) :P Rhi xx

thewildestofdreams.blogspot.com

LayeredLiving said...

What a great use of space, two spaces in one. The green used in this room is just the right amount, not over powering. Lovely.

How2home said...

This is such a beautiful space, especially the green accent chairs...its GORGEOUS! Lovely post!

Unknown said...

Love these 2 spaces! The green dining chairs are fabulous!!

www.donnaviningblog.com

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I'm way into the kelly gree chairs, my fav aspect of the space. Interesting floor plan, still undecided on how it would feel to sit back to back to someone. Feels a little odd, but ya never know...

How2home said...

What type of accent chair would you recommend if my room's palette colors are grey, white, black and red? Or should i eliminate one of those colors and just focus on one color?