photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Series: Closet Confidential

I am very excited to welcome La Dolce Vita’s newest contributor, Liz Schneider of Sequins & Stripes today! Liz is a Chicago-based fashion stylist and blogger and she will regularly be sharing her fashion insight with us here on LDV.

Me

{Liz Schneider}
 
Hi there! It's Liz Schneider from the fashion and style blog, Sequins & Stripes, and I am thrilled to be a new contributor on LDV sharing my favorite fashion tips and trends in a new series called "Closet Confidential." I have so many exciting + stylish ideas for future posts but I thought what better way to dive into a new series than with a sense of style that all of us strive to obtain; effortless style.
Clearly, it doesn't take much to appear effortless. Start with one piece that makes a statement, whether it be a pair of patent pink shoes, adorable tortoise sunglasses, a mix of feminine + edgy elements, casual tennis shoes, or a metallic skirt. Build you outfit based on this piece and layer with a few basics from your closet, add a top knot on your head, and off you go! The less thought the better, here are a few statement pieces to get you started...
...add a little confidence and everyone on the streets will be turning their heads!
Until next time, have a stylish week!
Liz
{images via My Style Pinboard}

12 comments:

Brooke @ ShemmyShake said...

Great items, especially loving the cheetah print blazer. Effortless style is the best. :)

Bailey@peppermintbliss said...

Liz- Imma need you to make me over this summer. For reals!

Unknown said...

I love Liz- she has such great style! So glad I will be seeing her on LDV.

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So excited about this new column, thanks Paloma!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Love Liz's blog and style...excited for this series. I need sooooooo much help with "Effortless Style" I am always in either sweat pants or all dressed up....I need to learn how to manage a comfortable everyday look that is fashionable, but unstuffy.

Unknown said...

I love all these tyles! Envying a polka dot chiffon dress, love the stripes with metallic, etc. Lovely inspiration.
Now I wanna go shopping!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Squeak said...

What a great idea for a column!

Don't forget your older readers. Please show some clothes suitable for 50+ women. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love me some Liz Schneider!!! Fabulous picks, lady!!! xox Elizabeth

Natalie said...

I'll take one of each, please! :) Love this!

gigi said...

love! thanks so much for sharing this...what an easy way to dress up every day.

xo.

gigi.

food and beauty blogger
@ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

Victoria R. said...

Where is that blue bag from, darling? I must have it - please share! :)

Unknown said...

Love Liz and her effortless style!! I can't wait to follow this new series!!!

xx,

Dominique @ http://comfycozycouture.blogspot.com