photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, April 23, 2012

Photo of the Day 04.23.12

Pinned Image

I saw this image on Pinterest and unfortunately, I could not find the original source. All I know is that this is a Parisian hotel room, so if anyone knows the provenance of the image, I would sure love to know! Anyhow, let’s get down to business. The bones of this room are stunning—classic Parisian mouldings, high ceilings, a balcony overlooking a glamorous boulevard perhaps. I love the mirrored bed and the screen behind it. It’s such a fresh take on styles we’ve seen before. The classic linens are gorgeous and would look beautiful in any bedroom or hotel room. But can we talk about the elephant, or in this case, giant lamp in the room? The enormous floor lamp definitely makes a huge statement! I think the only place something like this could work might just be in a glamorous hotel room with very high ceilings, but I’m still not 100% sold on the idea. Is this essentially the same as some of what we see during Fashion Week every February and September—fabulous on the runway, but doesn’t quite work in real life? Is this a case of style over substance? Is this over the top fabulous or just plain over the top? Let’s hear it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is designer Elie Saab's bedroom- it was photographed for Architectural Digest a few years back (http://www.architecturaldigest.com/resources/notebook/2009/12/elie_saab_slideshow#slide=1)

so I hope you didn't get your hopes too high about staying at the hotel! It looks lovely though!

p-l-a-i-d said...

This room is so beautiful! The mirrored bed and the mirrors on the wall, gorgeous!

BrookeJ said...

I love the oversized lamp! I think it's a great unexpected piece in this formal-ish bedroom.

Danielle @ Design-Eye said...

I was also going to say that I thought I'd seen this in AD years back. Nice find, though! I personally LOVE the lamp and wonder if the branch fixture is a permanent part of it, or if it can be taken down?

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I think it completely works.......but then again, I'm rather over the top myself...

Splenderosa said...

Looks exactly like Elie's couture gowns, it's perfect for him.

LRB said...

Major bed, so glamorous.

http://www.littleredbook-thatshaute.blogspot.com
@littleredbookxo

Splendid Sass said...

I ran post on the house that goes with this bedroom. I will try to find the source later today.
eresa
xoxo

viv said...

Wow! I'd love to spend a night in this hotel!

Unknown said...

This is a glamorous bedroom!!!

www.donnaviningblog.com