photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Nate Berkus Day!

The fabulous Moggit Girls have organized an official “Nate Berkus Day” after creating an incredible buzz about Nate’s new show on Twitter. It really is a remarkable example of the power of social media. The Moggit Girls tweeted so much the day that it was announced that The Nate Berkus Show was slated to begin on September 13th, that the producers took notice and even agreed with their brilliant idea of filling Nate’s audience with design bloggers!

Last week, they spread the news about today’s “Nate Berkus Day” and I of course, jumped at the chance to participate. After all, Nate is hands-down, one of my favorite interior designers. I adore his polished style and the fact that he emphasizes the importance of making a space feel personal. Every room in a home should say something about the people who live there. I usually love the color palettes that Nate employs and love that every space he designs features a touch of glamour. And by the way, could he be any cuter? Let the record show that I love just about every space ever designed by Nate, but I have narrowed it down to my four favorites for this post.

nate1

This was one of the first spaces designed by Nate that I truly fell in love with. I love the classic, Hamptons vibe as well as the traditional and classic elements throughout the room. The whitewashed walls, rustic touches such as this great table, and sea grass carpeting give the room such a relaxed and inviting vibe. All of the lighting is fabulous!

I love that the elements in this corner of the room offer a juxtaposition of sorts. The seating, lamp, table, and columns are a bit more traditional and formal than the pieces in the rest of the room, but it all works together beautifully.

nate2

domino klj4

I know you’ve seen Katie Lee Joel’s gorgeous townhouse on La Dolce Vita before, but  I can’t promise to stop featuring it anytime soon. It is one of my all-time favorite homes and of course, it was designed by Nate! The kitchen, dining room, and living room are all part of one large, open space. I absolutely love this dining room. I think the shelving filled with books and tchotchkes is phenomenal and keeps the room from feeling too formal. The fireplace is a wonderful feature, as well. The gorgeous table and chairs are French reproductions. The upholstery on the chairs is the perfect chocolate shade while the color palette in the home is pretty much perfection.

domino klj5{This is definitely one of my favorite kitchens ever.}

nate3

ellen rakieten4 {The home that Nate designed for TV producer, Elle Rakieten in collaboration with Anne Coyle is stunning! This home set the blogosphere ablaze after it was published in ELLE DECOR and quickly became a favorite of countless design-lovers. Rakieten’s library, pictured above, is my favorite in the home. I love the dark walls painted in Farrow & Ball’s Off Black and the colorful accents like the Madeline Weinrib ikat pillow. The collection of artwork is fabulous!}

ellen rakieten3

{I would love to have this work space! I can picture myself constantly changing up the huge inspiration board. The lighting fixture is gorgeous and of course, I love the vintage Chippendale chairs.}

nate4

nate berkus glamour3 {Nate designed this girly, glamorous space for his sister, Marni. It was featured in Glamour Magazine last year and features many items from his hugely popular line for HSN. I love the eclectic mix of accessories, pops of color, and the fact that he threw in a little sparkle for good measure.}

nate berkus glamour2

{Nate has something that most other designers do not, even the ones that every design-minded person knows. He is a household name. Even those who do not have a vested in design are familiar with Nate and his work. I love that he has brought an awareness of design to the masses. I am incredibly excited for The Nate Berkus Show to begin on September 13th and look forward to finding new inspiration through his amazing work.}

 

More than 80 bloggers are participating in today’s Nate Berkus Day. To see the full list of participants and their blogs, click here.

 

Image Credits: Nate Berkus, Domino Magazine, ELLE DECOR, Glamour

21 comments:

LuxuriousLife said...

I did not know about Nate Berkus day, I have already written my post or I would've participated!! I love Katie Lee's townhouse. I was going to do a post on it the other day, but couldn't find any good photos!!

Stephanie said...

I had no idea Nate Berkus was getting his own show - that news probably made my day! I love the space he designed for his sister. I ripped the pages out of glamour magazine last year and it's now on my inspiration board!

That Girl in Pearls said...

Oh how I adore Nate Berkus... If he didn't play for the other team I would be all over that! LOVING Katie Lee's place.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend Love!
B.

Sketch42 said...

I love your take on his work. I think of him as more of a masculine designer, but his sisters apartment blends both fabulously.

I recreated one of his rooms using the internet for my post. Check it out!

elliephotomaghead said...

I can't wait for his show! I loved the wrap up show Oprah had for him a few weeks ago featuring his favorite segments! I'm excited for the show, and THRILLED you selected to feature his sister's apartment! I treasure his layout of his one bedroom apartment in NYC (from the Oprah design mag)- he opened my eyes about personalizing your space, no matter how small it is! Great eye, Nate and Paloma your posts are ALWAYS inspirational! Thank you!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Wow, this nate day thing has totally taken over the blogosphere!!

This is when I WISH I lived in the US, would have LOVED to be part of the audience!!

xx
dagny

ps - we're hosting another Norwegian Elle Interiør subscription giveaway!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

GREAT Nate Day post! Love it.

Kelly
www.fabulouskblog.com

Jamie said...

great post! nate day is so fun!

Averill said...

Katie Lee's home is one of my all-time favorites, too -- you can never show it off too much!

And I'm thrilled Nate is getting his own show. Hopefully this will ignite even more design shows (as opposed to DIY/HGTV shows that I'm honestly getting tired of).

Marcia Zia-Priven said...

Great photos, great post! Love the correlation to the Hamptons--been there many times, and you are SO right! Also love the fact you mentioned the Moggit Girls. We all owe them a great deal of thanks. Perhaps we can all get together and get June 14th declared National Nate Day? :)

Caitlin said...

Love every image you used in your Nate Day post! So inspiring.

Tammy@InStitches said...

I loved your post, you had some pics that I haven't see before !

Anonymous said...

Nate is my favorite and I love the spaces you featured today.

Embodying Fashion said...

Great post, I love those Classic Hamptons style photos.

Creategirl said...

So happy you could join us for NateDay! Who thought from one little tweet we would make it to 125 bloggers.

Thank you for posting the 2nd picture, I had not seen this one before. The gray is so sharp! Is the finish silver?

Mona Thompson said...

Even if he couldn't decorate, he is the cutest thing I have ever seen. But he can!! Can't wait for the show. thanks for the info.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

neat! :))

Andrika King said...

That library and office, will be bookmarked as a favorite forever!

Dovecote Decor said...

I love the images that you selected! Nate is truly a talented guy - he manages to sneak in his designer touch while working with a broad range of different styles. How does he do it!!?? I really enjoyed reading your commentary, thanks for the interesting post!
-Dovecote Decor

Susan said...

I love Nate Berkus not just for his amazing design talent but also for his spirit. Thanks so much for a great post and the heads up about his show!

A Casa da Vá said...

I must say that I have never heard of him until last week but only have been reading about his upcoming tv. Now thanks to you now I actually get to know more about his work - fabulous by the way. Thank you sharing!