photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 11, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 06.11.10

summer heckman2 {This chic bathroom features so many of my favorite elements.}

It seems, to me at least, that each new issue of Lonny is even better than the last. I thought they did a phenomenal job of featuring various styles and aesthetics in the new summer issue, which debuted yesterday. I was instantly smitten by several of the homes that were showcased, and immediately knew that I wanted to feature one of the rooms in today’s Fabulous Room Friday post. I kept vacillating between a room in one of the ultra-feminine homes featured in the magazine and the tailored and masculine look of the West Village home of Ethan Feirstein and Ari Heckman. In the end, deciding on a space came down to my mood.

summer heckman8

{For me, the classic fixtures and high-gloss black walls evoke a very vintage, English mood.}

Feirstein and Heckman’s bold, moody bathroom appeals to me on so many levels. First of all, I love the idea of painting a small space, a dark, glossy color for impact. Then, they added that gorgeous green garden stool, vintage black and white photographs, pops of orange, classic tile choices, Greek Key towels and I was done for! The space features a plethora of my own favorite elements and it just feels so chic, sophisticated, and grown-up.

summer heckman9

{The classic subway and hexagonal tile looks fantastic with the contrast of the dark walls.}

By now, sweet readers, you probably know that when it comes to interiors, I tend to veer towards tailored, more masculine looks. However, I know that finding a balance is key and I always add a touch of glamour. So, do tell, is this bathroom a little too masculine for your taste or do you think it’s just right? Is your design style more masculine or feminine?

 

Image Credit: Patrick Cline for Lonny

22 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

totally fabulous!!

I am as girly as you can get...so definitely more feminine :)

Laura Trevey said...

Very rich and luxurious!!
Have a BB&B weekend ~~

xoxo Laura

Lauren said...

I'm super girly too but this bathroom doesn't bother me one bit. I picture it lit with candles, so very romantic against dark walls.

Annie said...

SO glad that there's another woman out there who isn't stuck with cottage, shabby or some other "chic" style (not that there's anything wrong with that! heehee ). I just like style that chic and luxurious and warm and cool and everything in between. Just not stuck.

So, YES! This bathroom is gorgeous! And my design temperment does tend toward the masculine!

Nikki said...

I love that. I am usually drawn to the all white, clean look I've seen so much of lately. Do you think it would be out of place in an all white house?

TERI REES WANG said...

I don't know why but, I have always loved a good strong styled, dark colored, bathroom...with good lighting.

Actually, the smaller the room, the darker the color.

carolyn said...

dream bathroom. i think a continuous stream of peonies at the sink and maybe some different images in the frames could take the girly factor up the slightest notch. other than that, wouldn't change a thing!

Carpe Diem said...

I didn't know black or super dark walls could look so good.

Unknown said...

Ok...I'm in love and have found the design for my bathroom when I buy our home. Gorgeous!!

teebarnes said...

This is one sexy bathroom! Love, Love!

Averill said...

Love it! Especially the greek key towels.

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

I LOVED this bathroom too! I bookmarked when I was reading Lonny yesterday!!

Squeak said...

Oh wow! That bathroom is drop-dead gorgeous! Obviously you and I have the same taste - I wouldn't change a single thing. My taste seems to veer towards the masculine. All of the workmen, delivery guys, etc. who have been in my house have told me how much they love it.

Leah said...

I love how dramatic this bath is. I am toally girly!

deliciously organized said...

It's stunning! Love every last detail...

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh paloma i could not agree more. this bathroom is just gorgeous. i mean gorgeous.
Lonny really hit it out of the park on this one!
have a beautiful weekend sweets.
xo

Kiran said...

You know...this was the one of my most favorite parts of the magazine. It is masculine chic!

Milk and Honey Home said...

I appreciate it....but WAY too masculine for me! Reminds me of our boys' bathroom. Gosh, I am sure our master bath is way too feminine for my husband!

Kathysue said...

Love the look, it does not feel masculine as much as classic and well designed to me. I do love black walls and that is one thing I wish I were brave enough to do. Love ,love this room,Kathysue

Amanda said...

I think it's fabulous! That's the most gorgeous shade of blue :)

La Maison Fou said...

Really like this bath!

It could double for the bathroom on the Habitually chic post of the Lion restaurant in NYC. bLACK WALLS,? Yes why not? I just did a black bathroom a few months ago, it looked great, sophisticated and the lady of the home is a feminine petite person. She loved it as did her husband.In fact, we painted it in chalkboard paint!
l.

Sketch42 said...

Im definitely more of a masculine type... I think you nailed it, masculine with a touch of glamour.