photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 25, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 06.25.10

estudio lazaro2

{Violán’s gorgeous kitchen features a vast island, chevron-patterned wood floors original to the building, and a beautiful, antique Chinese screen. Everything is so different, but it works together beautifully.}

In honor of our trip to Barcelona next week, today’s “Fabulous Room” features the gorgeous kitchen and dining room of one of my favorite interior designers, Lázaro Rosa Violán, whose 6,2000 square foot house/studio houses these amazing spaces. Technically, they are two separate rooms, but the kitchen opens onto the dining room. Violan’s gift of being an urban archaeologist of sorts, is evidenced in his amazing, eclectic work. I am beyond excited to be staying in a hotel that he designed and look forward to visiting more of his projects while I am in Barcelona.

estudio lazaro {The dining room is separated from the kitchen with French doors that were salvaged from the Ritz Hotel in Barcelona. Violán designed the beautiful white leather chairs and has used them in several of the restaurants he has designed. Notice the Picasso on the mantel and the extraordinary Murano glass chandelier. I love the unexpected whimsy that the floral rug adds.}

estudio lazaro3

{Violán and his beloved dog, Bosco show the rooms off from a different angle. Aren’t the doors magnificent?}

 

To see more of Violán’s amazing work, click here.

 

Image Credit: AD España and Woman Magazine

18 comments:

Unknown said...

my boyfriend has panels like the 1st pic - antique one's from an old building in NYC - it was a cileing in the place - and they just put 3 ceilings over it - ONE day he'll either sell them or actually put them up! (not my taste)

i'm haven' a party - come on by!!!!
*kiss kiss*
Happy Weekend!!!
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

that wall looks so glamorous! it's definitely a fabulous room! happy Friday, Paloma! xo

Lilacandgrey said...

a million "ekkk!" "ohhh!" and "AHHH's" for this one!
Have a great weekend doll!
<3 Cara

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Stunning. I love that screen. It's amazing what warmth and personality art brings to a kitchen. I'm surprised we don't see more of it!!!

Piper Larson said...

Beautiful - and you're right about those doors. They are amazing.
XO Piper

Carpe Diem said...

Opulent and strikingly timeless. I think one reason why all the different materials seem to work beautifully together...is because all the rich and elegant colors/materials are harnessed by the white used in both spaces.

MyFavoriteFrenchAntiques said...

I have never seen doors like those....stunning.

Unknown said...

i love that dining room! have a nice weekend.

the red bungalow said...

That floral screen is really dynamite. So gorgeous!

Bre

Erica said...

Thanks for introducing me to Melissa Warner! You always have such great posts.

Stop by my new-ish design blog if you get a chance!
tart-house.blogspot.com

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

amazing -- everything from the chevron floors to the styling to the white walls to the french doors! this could easily go to the top of my favorite spaces list! thank you for introducing me to violan's work, i'm off to go check out more!

LadyLUX said...

Definitely a fabulous room! Wow, gorgeous!

thoughts running through my head.... said...

one of my most favourite interiors!! I love the Chinese panels mixed in, and I particulary like the fact they are used in the kitchen/dining room rather than in a living room.

dovecote Decor said...

That kitchen makes me feel like I'm in a really fun restaurant--great idea, and I'm tucking it away. Why not put something spectacular like that in the kitchen, it is after all, where we live.

Alexandra said...

I totally want exactly yhat kitchen! :D

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Loving all the mirrored around the fireplace...looking to do something similar in my ALMOSTFINISHED abode!

KSK said...

Great post. I love the centerpiece he used in the last photo...and the dog, of course :)

Sabrina said...

I absolutely love Violán's Chinese screen on the kitchen wall. Since Antique Chinese screens like that are not an easy piece to get your hands on, I know MISHA Handmade wallpapers can be a marvelous substitute if one wants to create such a wonderful backdrop for their own kitchen.