photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Cupola at 141 Fifth Avenue

141 fifth2

Now that Grey’s Anatomy and The Office are over for the season, I am able to watch my other Thursday night shows, like Selling New York on HGTV. I must admit, I find New York real estate to be fascinating! Has anyone ever read The Sky’s The Limit: Passion and Property in Manhattan? It is a non-fiction book about some of Manhattan’s most storied and priciest apartment buildings. I would highly recommend it! Last Thursday, Selling New York featured a building that the CORE Group is marketing, 141 Fifth Avenue. It is an historic building whose cupola penthouse has been on the market for a while now. The property is selling for $12 million.

141 fifth cupola

Wouldn’t it be spectacular if part of your apartment was housed in a cupola? The artist renderings are gorgeous, while the actual finished product has received mixed reviews. I have to admit that I am a bit confused by the toilet that is enclosed within the glass shower in the cupola, but aside from that, it seems like a fantastic place to call home.

I got a big kick out of the Circa Lighting Ring Lamps that were recreated for the artist-rendered virtual tour. Be sure to watch it! It is less than two minutes long and doesn’t have any sound, so it’s safe to watch at work. 

If money were no object, would you be interested in this property?

11 comments:

Paulette @ At Home said...

Ooooo, if you love New York real estate, you should read 740 Park. Recommended by Ivanka Trump in an interview, it tells the true story of the luxury apartment building where Jackie Kennedy, and many more historical figures, lived! I couldn't put the book down.

26 said...

This is seriously my heaven

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh I've been itching to check out that show. I think now I'm going to have to make a priority!

Hello Lover... said...

Love this show I DVR it every week. It really is fascinating - it's definitely a whole different world to me. I was really loving this place until i saw the whole bathroom in the bedroom thing - where's the toilet?!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

I love that show too! Here we are, two Texas girls, thinking about apts in NYC! It is great fun to see what 22 million will get you! How did your panel discussion go yesterday....I'm getting ready for ours today....can't wait.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love this show, love this property! Whatever missteps were taken can be undone, it is rare to find such a stunning space...particularly in NYC!

Erin Wallace said...

This property is amazing, but am I wrong, or is there only one bedroom? Where do you stash your kids and guests? Still, I'd take it if someone had the 12 million to buy it for me!

xo Erin

daph said...

yes please :)
it's like the definition of new york luxury

Unknown said...

I'd love to live there... if I had $12 million to spare! I love the whole space, but the library makes me weak in the knees...

thebubbreport said...

I've become completely addicted to this show as well. It also gives me a new appreciation for how far my real estate dollars can stretch her in Atlanta!

Katriin said...

This is absolutely heavenly beautiful... Im not sure of the bath in the bedroom though, but other than that lovely