photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Favorite Room: Nathan Turner

Hi, everyone! I usually don’t interject in guest blogger’s posts, but I am so thrilled to have one of my favorite designers, Nathan Turner share his favorite room with us today. Doesn’t it make you want to head straight to the beach? Check out his favorite space in his own words below. XO, Paloma

Bra Kitchen still life 2079

My favorite place to be is at the weekend home I share with my boyfriend Eric in Malibu. When not on the beach, my favorite place to be is our living room. It makes me happy because it’s comfortable, cheerful, and not too fussy…just what beach living should be. One of my favorite things is the giant bulletin board. We have an old Polaroid camera, & since we entertain so much, we like to capture all of our guests and pin them up on the board. I love how the white batten board paneling (painted in Benjamin Moore Super White) keeps the room feeling fresh and clean no matter what season we’re in. We chose durable fabrics and slipcovered everything so there’s no worrying about wet dogs and sandy feet, keeping everything California casual…just the way I like it.

Bra Kitchen still life 2082

Bra Kitchen still life 2084

Bra Kitchen still life 2088

 

{All Images Courtesy of Nathan Turner}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am dying over that wooden chain-link sculpture. Any chance you know the artist? I would love to see his other work.

Makes me want to be in Malibu!!!!

www.overthemoonbyla.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Agreed, the wooden chain link sculpture is everything.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Love Nathan Turner and his approach to design and living!