photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, February 18, 2013

Glamorous Powder Rooms

ec971d3a37bebb3fbdf3995fd2ca77a6[1]

{This powder bath by Melissa Warner Rothblum of Massucco Warner Miller featuring a marble washstand, Scalamandre’s fabulous zebra wallpaper, and Alexa Hampton’s Ginger Sconces is an all-time favorite of mine.}

The longer Fabian and I have lived in our home, the more we love it. I am currently working on a few design projects around the house and promise to share photos soon. Our house has been really great for us. We have four bedrooms and plenty of space, but I only have two full baths. The thing I constantly find myself wishing for is a little powder room that I can go to town on design-wise. I wish I had a tiny little bath that I could dress up in a fabulous wallpaper combined with a gorgeous mirror, classic sink, and some beautiful lighting, of course. While I gravitate most towards the stunning powder bath above—I just want an excuse to use Scalamandre’s iconic zebra wallpaper, I love all of the powder baths in this round-up.

9ef424e668026eb19e28bf0e10135b33[1]

{I adore the bold, bohemian quality of this powder room. I would choose different light fixtures, but the wallpaper, matching drapes, classic sink, tile, and glamorous mirror are perfection. This feels like a little jewelbox.}

{This powder bath by Gluckstein Designs is glamorous and elegant.}

{By keeping everything mostly monotone, Tiffany Eastman creates drama in this pretty powder bath. The neutral palette allows each of the statement pieces to really stand out.}

click to view full size

{How amazing would it be to do a powder bath in this amazing ikat tile by New Ravenna Mosaics?}

{There are so many fun elements in this powder bath from the red campaign wash sink stand to the Venetian mirror and patterned wallpaper! | Image via Houzz}

{This powder bath via ELLE DÉCOR has stunning bones going for it. I personally love a good chocolate brown paint. When you find the right shade, it can looks so rich. Of course, the lacquered door is fabulous, though there probably isn’t much privacy as a result. I am a little confused by the teeny tiny lantern and the sconce hung at ceiling level right next to it. Other than that, this space is a true classic!}

Which of these powder baths is your favorite? Is there a specific type of room you wish you had in your own house?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when a patterned curtain matches a patterned wall! What a classic.

And it's always hard to go wrong with Scalamandre wallpaper...!

www.overthemoonbyla.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think in the last one, what you're seeing is a sconce mounted on the mirrored wall, and then the lantern reflected in the mirror. :) It would be a little strange to put those two right next to each other!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Love these chic bathrooms! Xo

Mallory | Confetti and Stripes said...

I love the last pic! Minus what you said about the light?! It looks so weird..You can tell the wall is mirrored with everything else except there is no reflection of the lights...maybe a bad photoshop at some point!?

Unknown said...

Ok, I think I understand what's going on in the last photo now. The whole wall in the foreground is mirrored. The sconce is hanging pretty high up, but the illusion from the mirror makes it seem higher than it really is. The lantern isn't next to the sconce, but rather hanging on the ceiling near the toilet area. Does that make sense? My eyes were playing tricks on me!

faye said...

they are really glamorous but my favorite is the one in the 2nd to the last pic. that mirror!:D

Christine Campbell said...

Paloma,
Thank you so much for including New Ravenna Mosaics in your powder room feature! We are thrilled to be seen twice, in the colorful Loom ikat and the Honeycomb in Tiffany Eastman's neutral bath.
We are big fans of the Fabulous Room Friday posts as well here in the studio...Happy Tuesday!
Christine Campbell
marketing manager
newravenna.com

Lorraine Robain said...

It's so important for a powder bath to have a great mood about it - guests enter there and one would like to think they leave feeling more beautiful and uplifted than when they entered. The Gluckstein Designs powder bath cocoons the guest in elegance - it's my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Ooh. I love those. The only thing I don't like about my new 1920s home is no powder room. At least I can live vicariously... Sigh.