photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Mini Bedroom Make-Over

IMG_7715

{My Bed featuring the new Coral Frame Duvet and Euro Shams along with the Gobi Embroidered Sheet Set in Coral}

While it is still technically winter, I have a major case of spring fever and that means lots of design projects around the house and the infusion of color in everything from my wardrobe to my bed. Luckily, my fabulous sponsor, Serena and Lily generously sent me some beautiful goodies recently that I immediately put to good use in order to carry out my mission for color.

paloma monogram ladolcevita

{You may recall from our last “He Said, She Said” post on beds that I was using these custom-embroidered linens. While they are undeniably gorgeous, I had been dying to infuse some color into my bed. I am very much a “crisp white linens” kind of gal, so the coral border on the new Serena and Lily linens provides the perfect touch of color.}

IMG_7716

{I already had the Serena and Lily Pondicherry Headboard with Nailheads from a while back, so the new bedding is the perfect complement.}

IMG_7706

{The coral is such a pretty color and I love the embroidered detail on the sheets. I am tempted to have the duvet and shams embroidered too. I can’t help myself. I just love a good monogram.}

IMG_7727

{Serena and Lily also sent me a set of their gorgeous new Silk Shantung Panels in Putty. They just introduced a beautiful collection of window panels this season, so I was very excited to try them. They are even prettier in person. The Putty colorway looks so great with our wall color, Benjamin Moore’s Plymouth Rock—there’s just enough contrast. By the way, I am SO over our “For Like Ever” print from the Domino days several years ago. I think I’ll keep it in case we ever have a little girl, but I am currently on the hunt for something more refined and timeless.}

IMG_7735

{A Close-Up of the Pretty Drapes}

Thanks to Serena and Lily for freshening up my bedroom!

{All Images by Paloma Contreras for La Dolce Vita}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so nice to see that designers other than just me are ever-evolving their own spaces!

Over The Moon

Julia101_NottingHill said...

Studded headboards are so classic and chic...love love love!

http://vivelechic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/style-me-pastels.html

X

mikky said...

Love, love your new bedding. The pop of orange is just perfect, it looks so cheery and fresh.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Design_Fluff said...

I like the coral touches to the bed linens. The curtains are gorgeous.:)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Lovely bedroom Paloma! and the coral fits to perfection with all the other earthy hues

Anonymous said...

Looks great - love the linens!!!

Just a thought.. It might just be how it photographs... but if you have the opportunity I would hang the drapes higher than just above the window to add more "grandness" to match the beautiful headboard and linens.

I am in the process of redoing my bedroom - this is great inspiration.

Best
Nicolle

Hallie said...

I love the coral, Paloma! And the monogram idea!! =)

cmarch said...

Gorgeous room makeover!

I love the bed Paloma. Where did you buy it from?

Lisa A. said...

Hi Paloma, where did you purchase your chest of drawers from? I am looking for something similar. Thanks,
Lisa
Chicago, IL