photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Home Tour + Sources


{One of my Favorite Vignettes in my Home: Vintage Marcel Breuer Lounge Chair, West Elm Faceted Foxed Mirror Side Table, Leopard Velvet Pillow by Arianna Belle, Paint is "Aging Barrel" by Behr}

Thank you all again for all of the sweet words of encouragement this week after I shared a tour of my home on Style Me Pretty and announced the launch of Paloma Contreras Design. Your comments and emails mean so much to me and have totally made my week! I have also gotten a lot of emails asking about paint colors and product sources, so I thought I should share the house tour with sources here on LDV. My house is an example of my design philosophy: every space should have a good mix-- vintage and modern, high and low, masculine and feminine; so naturally, everything comes from a variety of places.



{Custom Rolled Arm Sofa, Visual Comfort Coffee Table (discontinued), Boho Ikat Pillows, Carousel Table Lamp from Circa Lighing}


{Vintage Faux Bamboo Credenza, Bryant Sconces from Circa Lighting, Abstract Paintings by Me}


{Turquoise Foo Dogs, Waylande Gregory Greek Key Plate from Zhush, iomoi Lucite Tray}


{Tate is most definitely not available for purchase, but he is a Cockapoo and we recommend the breed very highly! He is four years old, smart as a whip, and extremely affectionate. He may or may not have some diva tendencies, but you didn't hear that from me. | Embroidered Hotel Style Duvet and Shams, Trina Turk Greek Key Embroidered Linen Pillow, Coupe Table Lamp from Circa Lighting}

{Prints from 20 x 200, Desks from Ikea (we painted the bases gold), Martha Stewart Starburst Mirror from Home Depot}


(Desk Details}

{Iomoi Coakley Cay Stationery and Lucite Tray-- it's my signature pattern! Nate Berkus Urchin Object for Target, Russell + Hazel Acrylic Tape Dispenser and Stapler}

{Kitchen Details: Cabinet Paint Color is Martha Stewart Sharkey Gray}

{Vintage Chairs that we refurbished, Rug is from FLOR a few years ago and has sadly, been discontinued. I wanted more tiles to make the rug larger since they sent this to me for a promotional review a while back, but am bummed that they no longer have it. I love how low maintenance it is with a dog in the house and still love the pattern and color, so I can't bear to replace it with something else.}


{Extra Large Hicks Pendant from Circa Lighting, Custom Ivory Linen Curtains with Greek Key Trim by The Curtain Exchange, Curtain Hardware by Curtain Company Studio}


{Chevron Cashmere Throw from Williams Sonoma Home draped on Chair, Custom Ivory Linen Curtains with Greek Key Trim by The Curtain Exchange, Curtain Hardware by Curtain Company Studio, Nate Berkus Tortoiseshell that my Husband Gilded for Me}

{My Sofa and armchair are Custom, Coral Linen Throw Pillows with Greek Key Trim by Arianna Belle, Metal Banded Table Lamp from Circa Lighting}


{We recently had our built-in made and changed the fireplace surround to Carrara Marble, Vintage Cane Regency Armchairs that we refurbished, Custom Sofas with Nailhead Trim, Dean 12" Picture Lights from Circa Lighting}

{Coffee Table Details}

{Serena and Lily Pondicherry Headboard, Bedding Monogrammed by Lynn at The Monogram Market in Houston, David Hicks La Fiorentina Pillows by Arianna Belle, Round Weathered Wood Mirror from Z Gallerie, Vintage Parsons Console Table, Abstract Painting by Me, Longacre Floor Lamp from Circa Lighting}


{Bedding Details}

I hope that helps! If you're wondering about any other sources that you didn't see here, please leave a comment. If you'd like to inquire about my design services, please contact me here.




Add caption

28 comments:

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Your home is so gorgeous!!! I love the classic color scheme with pops of color! Do you think your husband would gild my tortoise shell too?!?! It looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Do tell where the gorgeous gold frames are above the sofa!! Love your home!

Lyn said...

AMAZING! xx
http://www.blondebutterflies.blogspot.be/

Laura Trevey said...

Every room is lovely ~ thanks for inviting us into your home Paloma!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Obsessed with every detail. Such beautiful paint color choices.

Tobe | BIA said...

i mean, just gorgeous, Paloma. such the perfect marriage of traditional and glam just like you! exactly how i would picture your home. ox

Unknown said...

Your home is stunning! That credenza is just so beautiful!

caycee said...

Absolutly beautiful!! Love every detail of your home!!

toko baju muslim murah said...

interesting to read thank you I really liked your article I love your beautiful blog and so enjoy your posts.good job

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Love your home, where is the votive from on the mantle? Thank you!

srldesign said...

Your home is beautiful! I love the mix of new and old, gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi Paloma,

You're home is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We're moving into a new home in the Heights, and I want to replace the fireplace surround (currently travertine). I noticed you mentioned doing that and wanted to see if you would recommend anyone. Thanks so much in advance and best of luck with your design business!

Tara said...

Love the tortoise shell. I too did the same with mine. Love how great minds think alike :) Love it with the wall color! Thanks for sharing.

Sadie + Stella said...

OK. Your house is gorg! I need you on my favorite room feature, STAT!

meghan silva said...

I like pinned everything , wow you have a gorgeous home .

Meghan Silva's Blog

Kelsey said...

I love the antiquey looking maps in the gold frames above your loveseat (I have a bunch of maps framed in gold as well - metallic always seems like the perfect choice for maps to me!) I was wondering: where did you find your maps? Are they high-quality reproductions, prints, or originals? And, if I may be so nosey, of what places did you select the maps? (I love to travel and would love to hear what cities you chose and why. If you had a choice, I'll bet it's a very interesting story!)

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You are always so generous and giving with sharing your sources! I'm thrilled to see the launch of your design services and well, it seems long, long, long overdue! Congrats!

Anne said...

It was nice to see it again in further detail...it is a lovely home and a cute puppy to boot!

Cuttysark said...

I love your home, you have inspired me for a Home interior design ideas. Thanks for sharing your fab home.

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Hi Paloma! Thank you for sharing!! Would you mind emailing me which desk at Ikea? I've looked and cannot pinpoint yours. Your home is FAB!

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Hi Paloma! Thank you for sharing...it's divine! Would you mind emailng me which desk is yours...from Ikea? I cannot pinpoint it. Thanks much!

Anonymous said...

I know you said the Bedding was monogrammed by Lynn at The Monogram Market in Houston, however where did you purchase the duvet cover and shams?

Yelda said...

Hi Paloma,

You have great taste, and I love how you can transform ordinary pieces of furniture in such a beautiful way. Can you tell me what type of gold paint you used for the base/legs of the ikea desks?

xx,
Yelda

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Congrats!! It looks beautiful Paloma!!

Best,
Julie

Unknown said...

Your home is very classic chic and I adore how you modified the IKEA table and lets for your office.

What are the dimensions of the tables. Also, did you buy the metal or wood legs? and did you prime them before painting them gold?