photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 21, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 06.21.13


Good morning! I am back from a fantastic trip to Los Angeles. I had the best time with my dear friend, Mark and his wonderful team. It  was so great to get away, focus on some design projects and ideas together, and have a fabulous time all the while! I am so grateful to have such an amazing friend who shares my same passions and who has been a mentor to me as a designer.

Featured in the new issue of ELLE DECOR, this week’s fabulous room is the beautiful bedroom in the stunning apartment at the famed Plaza Hotel that Steven Gambrel recently designed. Having spent my time in L.A. sleeping in a gorgeous canopied bed, I can attest to the sumptuous, inviting quality they possess. It’s like sleeping in a chic cloud. I love that the room’s overall palette is soft and neutral, with hints of color in unexpected places—pale blue moldings, yellow window frames, and pale Robin’s Egg Blue trim on the bed’s canopy. The gorgeous chocolate tufted settee at the foot of the bed is one of my favorite pieces in the space. Each piece is a stand-out on its own, so naturally, the combination of all of the pieces is gorgeous. The overall look is layered, collected, and totally chic. What’s not to love?
image
image image
Have a wonderful weekend!
Signature-3

3 comments:

Karena said...

Hi Paloma, Now this is a bedroom suite that I would not want to leave....call room service and then luxuriate in its splendor and comfort!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
NOVICA Giveaway

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous room!!! Love it!!

xo,
www.alluredevieblog.com

Jaqui said...

I agree with Karen! Why would you ever want to leave that gorgeous bedroom? I'm dying for a canopy bed to feel like you are on an endless vacation.