photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, June 3, 2013

My Home Tour + A New Venture

Paloma Contreras Design | Circa Lighting Bryant Sconces | Bamboo Chest | Foo Dogs | Abstract Art | Photography by Kate LeSueur 
{View of the Faux Bamboo Credenza in My Entryway}
I’m thrilled to share some very exciting news with you today! First off, Style Me Pretty Living, the lifestyle arm of the hugely popular Style Me Pretty is featuring a tour of my home today. Over the past six years, I have shared a few small glimpses of my home with you, but this is the first time that I am really putting it all out there. For the past several months, I have been hard at work tackling several design projects around the house to get everything in tip top shape and I finally feel like I’ve gotten things to a place worth sharing. You can check out the feature and full tour here. I hope you like it!
Paloma Contreras Design | Family Room | Greek Key Pillows and Curtains | Circa Lighting Hicks Pendant | Photography by Kate LeSueur {My Family Room featuring Curtains by The Curtain Exchange, Custom Sofas, Hicks Pendant and Metal Banded Table Lamp from Circa Lighting, and Coral Linen Pillows with Greek Key Trim that I Commissioned from Arianna Belle}
Last month, I shared the news with you that I had decided to leave my post as Director of Marketing at Visual Comfort & Co. in order to focus on my blog and my newest venture. Well, the time has come to finally divulge the secret I’ve been keeping for the past few months! In addition to focusing on my blog, I made the leap to working for myself again in order to launch my eponymous interior design and consulting firm. On some level, I’ve always known that this was exactly where my career path would eventually lead me, but I had an epiphany at the beginning of the year and asked myself ‘what are you waiting for?’. I knew that it was time to focus on the two things that I love and know the most— blogging and interior design! I have quietly worked on design projects over the past couple of years, but never advertised my services since I still had my full-time job and was barely able to keep my head above water with such a full plate.
I am so excited to be able to dedicate all of my time to what I know is my true calling and look forward to sharing my adventures with you! I have a few really cool projects that I am currently working on and will definitely share some sneak peeks with you soon. In the meantime, I hope you’ll check out my home tour on Style Me Pretty and take a look at my website where you can view my portfolio and learn more about my services which include Full-Service Interior Design, my Design Concierge Service, and Consulting for anyone looking to grow and leverage their brand. Thank you for your support and encouragement along my journey in the six years since starting La Dolce Vita. I would have never had the courage to take the risks that I have without you.
P.S. A special thanks to Kate LeSueur who captured the beautiful images of my home and another big thank you to Kelly of Fabulous K who I have worked with for the past couple of months on my branding and website! You girls are the best!
Signature-3

39 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

So awesome...i love your home and all the best with everything!! :)

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Alex said...

congrats on the new venture!

where oh where is your guest bedding from (triple bordered duvet + shams)? i'm on the hunt for something similar!

pearls and myths said...

I love it ! Snow white :)

Julie said...

oh, Paloma!!! congratulations to you on both the feature and your new venture! And good for you for taking the leap to pursue your dreams, what an inspiration! cheers.

Unknown said...

Your home is so beautiful, I will be sure to check out your website. I have been working on my own website today. It has been taking me a long while!

Unknown said...

Congrats congrats congrats!! I know many good things will come your way! Cheers to much success!

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

Kate LeSueur said...

Congrats!!! A great start to the week :) x

Jessica said...

Congratulations! You will be amazing!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Wishing you all the best on this latest endeavor! I've loved following along on all your brave adventures, all of which have no doubt been leading you here. Count me in to continue rooting for success with this latest one.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your new venture! Can't wait to watch your portfolio grow! Love the new site! All the best!

Jennifer D. said...

Gorgeous and congrats from a fan!!! Would you be able to share the wall paint color you used in the bedroom with the monogrammed pillows?

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone. It means so much to me! XOXO

@Alex, the white bedding with black embroidery featured on SMP is from Overstock, believe it or not! I got it over a year ago, so I am not sure if they still have it.

@Jennifer D., the paint color in my bedroom is Benjamin Moore Plymouth Rock.

Katy Byrne said...

Congratulations!!! Your blog is hands down my favorite design read. You will be fabulous. Way to take the leap.

Katy
www.designsbykaty.com

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

So exciting! And many congratulations!! I enjoy following along and am so glad you are taking the leap. I can't wait to keep wait to see more of your projects!! And your home is so beautiful!!

Amanda said...

woo-hoo!!! It was soooo time for this!! Its in your DNA girl! I wish you great success in this new venture and cant wait to see all the new and exciting things that you put your hand to!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Very exciting Paloma!! Very best of luck!! Off to check out your home, which I was looking forward to seeing for mane years now!!

Hallie said...

CONGRATS!!!!

BreakfastWithKateMoss said...

Congratulations, Paloma! What a beautiful paint color in your living room - great feature!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Off to view your stylish home and of course your site...which I know for a fact (without even seeing it) will be ah-maze-ing!Beyond excited for you, can't wait to see the beautiful spaces you create and design!

Kelly Christine said...

So excited for you, Paloma! You're so talented (and are so great to work with!!)

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I'm thrilled for you! As you know, your blog was the first one I found and fell in love with. You have exquisite style, taste, and grace. I wish you all the best with the new venture, I know you will be wildly successful and your clients are wise to work with you. It's so fun to finally get to see your gorgeous home! We've been waiting for years. :)

COCOCOZY said...

Paloma! What exciting news! Congratulations! Your house looks fantastic! I am very happy for you!
xo
Coco
COCOCOZY

martinealison said...

Une très jolie publication...
Gros bisous à vous.

Karena said...

Paloma I am so excited for you! Your home is gorgeous and I know great things will continue to come your way!

2013 Designers Series
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sarah Baynes: Decorating Ideas, Style Ideas said...

Congratulations Paloma!!

Ordinette said...

congrats on your new job!
I love your house. You have a really wonderful taste and I am sure that it will be appreciated by your clients. Happy those that will have their homes styled by you.
greetings from rome
Laura

Liz Carroll Interiors said...

Congratulations Paloma!! Wonderful news!!! Beautiful photos and great website. So excited for you!!

Unknown said...

I am so touched by all of your sweet comments! It means so much to have your support and encouragement. XOXO

Unknown said...

Congrats! So exciting!!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful news--congrats on your new venture! Love the credenza your entryway!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arianna Belle said...

Congratulations on your new venture my dear! Your home looks fantastic - so perfectly you :) Looking forward to seeing your future design projects. No doubt they will be fabulous!

XO

Arianna

Denise McGaha said...

Big congrats Paloma and welcome to the biz....as if you arent already here!! Cant wait to see the great projects you have been working on..hope to see you soon.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your house is amazing !! I love the prints on your credenza, who are they by?

Stella

Anonymous said...

Love your home. Especially your bedding. Gorgeous! And, please let me know what kind of dog Tate is. He looks just like our Rylie, who is a Cavachon (cross between a Bichon and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel). Wondering if Tate is also a Cavachon??

Unknown said...

@Anonymous: Hi Stella! Thank you so much for the sweet compliment. I actually painted those black and white abstracts myself. I am so flattered that you like them! XO

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the newest endeavor! You got guts girl but the skills to back it all up! Best wishes to you!

Unknown said...

@Anon 8:59 pm-- Thank you for the kind words! Our dear Tate is a Cockapoo-- Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix. I've seen Cavachons and they are precious as I am sure your sweet Rylie must be. :)

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

Congrats on making it "official"! Your home looks wonderful I am off to view more! How exciting!!!