photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Magical Home in Marbella

image

{Beautiful details can be found in every corner of this home.}

I fell in love with this home at first glance. It features such a great balance of old and new, composed in the most inviting, effortless way. The home is truly elegant without feeling too formal or stuffy. Located in Marbella, in Spain’s Malaga region, the homeowner is a woman who had lived in London for most of her life. Surprisingly, or perhaps, serendipitously, the majority of the furnishings in this home came straight out of her home in London and work beautifully in their new abode. You’ll find that this home has gorgeous bones. Combining the beautiful architecture with timeless, classic pieces and a picture-perfect setting, I would venture to say that this lucky homeowner has found her “forever home”. Who would ever want to leave?

image {The ceiling in the living room is fantastic and the furniture layout is ideal for the space. I am so obsessed with the blue settees on either side of the fireplace. I wonder if they came from her home in London? I would doubt it because they seem tailor-made for their current location.}

image

{Perfectly Symmetrical Gallery Walls Line the Main Hallway}

image {The De Gournay wallpaper in the dining room is absolutely gorgeous! I love the rich peacock blue hue. The room itself has great bones and I love that it has maintained a casual, effortless elegance. Being a big proponent of lighting, I think the room would benefit from a chandelier, but wonder if the owners opted against one to make the room a bit less formal. What are your thoughts? Does the room need a chandelier?}

image{How chic is this butler’s pantry?}

 image {I am in love with the master bedroom! Every detail is perfection from the romantic iron bed to the beautiful rug, folding screen, bedside chests, and the vaulted ceiling. This room is stunning.}

image {A View of the Fireplace from the Bed in the Master Bedroom—The room is surrounded by French doors.}

image{The Master Bath features an Eclectic Mix of Furniture}

image{The Tub in the Master Bath}

 image {Beauty extends beyond the walls of the home into the outdoor areas.}

image {Stunning Views by the Pool}

Signature-3

{Images via Nuevo Estilo}

4 comments:

Karena said...

Adore this home Paloma!! The dining room does need lighting over the table, there are so many choices, A Pagoda Lantern for example.

xoxo
Karena
Giveaway by The Enchanted Home

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness. I want to move in immediately! Gorgeous home!

Kathy Polo said...

This home has truly captured my heart. No lie, I think that has become my dream home.... The color palettes just speak to me!!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

amazingrace said...

Whaouh, this is a dream home! I love the touch of blue in every room....