photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Into the Blue

image {Various Bold Prints in Varying Blue Hues Come Together in this Dramatic Living Room by Kirsten Kelli}
I was looking at my most recent pins on Pinterest the other day and I came to a realization: It’s official. I am completely obsessed with blue in all of its glorious shades. Don’t you just love Pinterest? It is such a great tool as a blogger and designer because it allows me to gather inspiration and visualize the things that I am gravitating to the most, even when those commonalities feel completely subconscious.
Blue was never a color I gravitated to when I was younger, but lately, I cannot get enough. I love it in clothes and jewelry, but I love it even more in interiors. The bolder and more saturated the better! Indigo, navy, and royal blue currently top my list of favorite shades of blue. These are just a few of the blue environments that currently top my list of inspiring rooms. From classic blue and white porcelain and stripes to ikats and Chinoiserie, blue is everything right now! Are you a fan of blue?
image {This room, featured in New England Home takes a more relaxed, but equally stylish approach.}
image {Thom Filicia decided to go really bold with his use of blue in this library, recently published in ELLE DECOR. The paint color is Daring Indigo by Pittsburgh Paints.}
image {I love the look of rich, navy grasscloth against crisp, white wainscoting and moldings. Source Unknown}
image {Blue and White Porcelain, Ceramic Stools, and Flowers at Tory Burch’s Home in the Hamptons}
image {Chic Blue and White Fabric at a Tory Burch boutique—Does anyone know who makes this fabric? Is it Quadrille?}
image {One of my favorite designers, David Collins, opted for various blue hues in the Penthouse at The Connaught Hotel in London.}
image{Pat Healing of HB Home selected Quadrille’s China Seas Paradise Background and a HB Home chandelier to infuse this bedroom with blue.}
image {A post on blue and white interiors would not be complete without mentioning my friend, Mark D. Sikes who has used these classic colors throughout his own home and often opts for the chic color combination for clients as well.}
image  {Entertaining doyenne, Carolyn Roehm created this beautiful setting using blue and white porcelain, blue glass hurricanes, striped linens, and blue hydrangeas. It just feels like summer, doesn’t it?}
image{Lisa Luby Ryan was also inspired by blue and white pottery, using it as the chic centerpiece for this beautiful table as featured in Veranda.}
image {Michele Bonan opted for Farrow & Ball’s “Drawing Room Blue” for the gorgeous JK Capri Hotel. A stay at the JK Capri and JK Florence is definitely on my bucket list. So, so chic!}
image
Into the Blue via La Dolce Vita
Into the Blue via La Dolce Vita image
 image image
image
image
image
Signature-3

7 comments:

Karena said...

Dear Paloma I adore blue and always have; especially the darker and navy shades!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I gravitate more to bolder shades of blue like cobalt and electric but I can appreciate some of these looks especially Thom Filicia's. Painting the wood work all blue is so gorgeous to me. I know a lot of people frown upon it but I don't like to see much wood and would prefer it painted. I usually like whites and black lacquers for wood painting but that shade in that room is fabulous.

Cameron said...

Guuuurl, I feel you on the blue and white! Maybe it's because we're dreaming of vacation houses? Great "get the look" items too! Thanks for sharing!

Yolonda | Style Fragment said...

I love when other people do blue in their homes...I personally can't commit to it. But these are lovely!

Ellen Fisch said...

Stunning uses of blue: a color that is more difficult to use as it intensifies. Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Blue is my favorite colour. I have a blue wall that is an accent. however, I've been slowly working the other elements into making it all blend. Some great ideas are here. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Navy is my favorite color. My bridesmaids wore navy and I knew I needed to incorporate it into my house. I painted my dining room Gentleman's Gray and I have 5 foot white wainscoting. I'm obsessed!
1016bayswater.blogspot.com