photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dreaming of de Gournay

{A Dreamy Space featuring a Serene Color Palette and Gorgeous de Gournay Hand-Painted Wallpaper in the “Portobello” design.}

To quote Martyn Lawrence Bullard, I have to say that de Gournay’s line of hand-painted wallpapers is absolutely “delicious”. It’s the sort of extravagant luxury that I can only dream about. I’m sure that covering a room in this exquisite wallpaper would cost as much as a nice swimming pool, but a girl can dream. Their designs range from 18th century Chinoiserie-inspired botanical scenes tinged in hues of blue and green to bold patterns in red and midnight blue along with many 19th century French designs. All de Gournay wallpapers are painted by hand and their design team can make custom fabrics, blinds and porcelain to match their designs. You can even commission de Gournay to create a custom design for you. How decadent! If money were no object, I would love to swathe my dining room in a beautiful Chinoiserie de Gournay design. Chinoiserie designs are so timeless to me and depending on what you pair them with they can look so fresh and modern. They’re rather versatile and truly classic.

{Tablecloth made from Remnants of de Gournay Wallcovering as featured in House Beautiful}

{Design by Nate Berkus featured in ELLE DÉCOR}

{Dining Room by Melissa Warner of Massucco Warner Miller featuring DeGournay’s “Portobello”- You may recognize this particular pattern from the cover of the Domino book.}

degournay domino

{DeGournay’s Take as a “Cover Girl”}

{The wallcovering in this Dining Room by Windsor Smith makes the space even more noteworthy.}

{Muted Tones in a Dining Room Featured in Veranda}

{An Uber-French Dining Room by Suzanne Kasler featuring de Gournay’s “La Chasse de Compeigne”}

{Swimming with the “Fishes” via ELLE DECOR }

{Rich, Chocolate de Gournay in a Space by Miles Redd}

{An Extravagant, Hand-Painted Scene in a Bathroom by Miles Redd}

miles degournay

{Miles sure loves de Gournay, but who wouldn’t! This is one of my all-time favorite spaces.}

{Chic Chinoiserie “Askew” Wallpaper by de Gournay at the Restaurant at Bergdorf Goodman designed by Kelly Wearstler}

{Dark and Romantic Space -Photo via ELLE DÉCOR}

{A Lush, Yellow Chinoiserie Scene via Sara Gilbane}

{Remember this bedroom from House Beautiful’s small space issue last summer? This bedroom belongs to designer David Kaihoi and features rich, pink Chinoiserie DeGournay.}

{Working in a space as bold and pattern-filled as this would make me feel supercharged!}

11 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Stunning images here! I think it looks so delicate! It's an "easy" way to add beauty to a room. You can't help but think "what a beautiful room" when you see it on the wall.

Have a great day, Paloma!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

alice said...

These are all gorgeous and "delicious"! I have been noticing more De Gournay everywhere lately, and even magazines like Horchow are selling DG inspired wall art now. My dream house would absolutely have a room swathed in this gorgeous paper.

MG said...

I love the Nate Berkus!

Karena said...

Paloma the very first image is my dream for an entry and stairway!! de Gourney is always an elegant touch for any room!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and join my fashionable Giveaway from The Shabby Apple!

Female Entrepreneurs said...

Absolutely stunning!xx

Melanie
www.EntrepreneuressAcademy.com

Katherine said...

One of my favorite posts ever from you! I had no idea that these papers were from de Gournay - I dream of having a Chinoiserie decorated room with their paper one day!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

I absolutely adore these wallcoverings. I would die to have this in my home. I can't wait till I have a client that will want to use this one day!

~Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

Unknown said...

Wow, what a truly beautiful collection of images. I'm with you on #12 (I think) what a gorgeous room, esp. with the zig zag pattern mix.

Would you use these in a masculine space? Maybe just the fish, like in JAM's kitchen on MDD?

Splenderosa said...

Paloma, just beautiful. Dreamy. Wonderful. xx's

lamb and blonde said...

Every design is absolutely stunning! I agree, a dining room in such a gorgeous wallpaper would be amazing.

Have a great weekend, Paloma!

The Cuban In My Coffee said...

How lovely. It would be interesting to add to a home office or perhaps a guest room for unexpected inspiration. I would love the mix of its elegant pattern with modern elements in a room.