photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, June 27, 2011

Currently Loving: Oversized Clutches

Clutches have typically been reserved for a night out and in years past were just big enough for one’s lipstick, credit card and cell phone. However, I am loving that clutches have been coming out to play in the daytime! Oversized clutches seem to be everywhere and though at first, I was a bit hesitant (a clutch that is too big is difficult to carry around comfortably), I eventually relented. It seems that softer leathers and fabrics are more manageable than structured styles when dealing with oversized clutches, but all of these styles are pretty darn fabulous. They are each the perfect complement to their respective ensembles.

{Olivia Palermo Carrying an Hermes Clutch outside of Claridge’s in London}

{I love the color and detail, but at this size, I’d probably opt for a regular handbag. This can’t be easy to carry.}

{I love this fabulous, little ikat number. The pattern makes it quite versatile.}

{A little leopard goes a long way, so bags and shoes are the perfect way to add a little leopard to your outfit.}

{I must admit, I love a little sparkle!}

{Classic Pieces worn in an Eclectic Way}

{I LOVE this look! The lines are classic, but the different textures make it modern and sexy.}

{Though not oversized, Olivia Palermo’s Lucite clutch is noteworthy, nonetheless.}

 

Are you into oversized clutches for day or do you prefer smaller versions for evening?

 

{Images via my Fashion Files Board on Pinterest}

20 comments:

Maury Harwin said...

Check out Clare Vivier

http://seevivier.com/

She won't disappoint!

-Mary

Splenderosa said...

Paloma, I LOVE these. So much easier to deal with than the small ones. And pizzazier too.

Unknown said...

i'd kill for that leopard one!!!! -- i actually own a few clutches and ya know i don't think i ever used them!

*kiss kiss*
Erika at ~Tiptoe Butterfly~


LAST DAY Bloggers to stop by and enter~Light as a Feather necklace GIVEAWAY~ it’s an almost $50 value!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

I'm totally into the oversized clutches...perfect for day when I have to schlep around fabrics and samples along with my iPad to meet with clients...and transitions beautifully to night for a downtown vibe I love...Currently sporting a lot of vintage ones but American Apparel got some sweet stuff this season as well. Great shots!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Alexandra Rae said...

Love all of these. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm off shopping today, and grabbing a clutch :)

Tamara, Bella Boho said...

Me likey!

Unknown said...

Me too. I've been wanting one for a few years now, but can never decide on one. I'm really like the look of the softer styles, with the zipper up top. Lots of great options out there.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!! I think I could even sneak some wipes and diaper inside of one of these! hahahaa.... oh, well... I need to think "practical" now, that I'm expecting. right? :-)

But seriously... I love them! Really stylish.

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Sarah said...

love over sized clutches!!

Behind the Lashes said...

I think that really hot, but I would personally miss that strap when I'm juggling more than one thing at a time. Talking about that lucite one, did you see honestlywtf's diy version??

Alysson said...

I love the over sized clutch for both day and night!! I love the leopard and ikat clutches. Thanks for sharing. XO

Unknown said...

YES!!! I am IN LOVE with them right now. These are great colors. I want them all!
xoxo
-linh
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

Dhalia Edwards said...

I do love them...the ikat one is catching my eye.


Dhalia

carolyn said...

so true - oversized clutches are all i have been buying lately! clare vivier is my new fave.

Kalpana said...

I absolutely love all of them but especially the tribal print! I have been carrying my oversized clutches since summer began.... :)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I actually like both small & large...but i think a smaller one for evening is more suitable. :)))))

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

Have to say I am love of the clutch, I think them so femine - got have it!! xx gongrats on latest issue of High Gloss x

Anonymous said...

I love large cluthces ever since I saw a pic of my from the 80's carry a large clutch that was more like the size of a tote I had been looking for a really cool one since I got hip to the trend. I found one that I'm really in love with the ones at www.chimaandrose.com.I'm so excited about it that I wear it like every day! They are all different so you don't have to worry about anyone have the same one you have.

Anonymous said...

I love large cluthces ever since I saw a pic of my from the 80's carry a large clutch that was more like the size of a tote I had been looking for a really cool one since I got hip to the trend. I found one that I'm really in love with the ones at www.chimaandrose.com.I'm so excited about it that I wear it like every day! They are all different so you don't have to worry about anyone have the same one you have.

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

Stumbled across one a pic from this post on pinterest. Love every single clutch! I actually started designing oversized clutches towards the end of last year. Check them out some time at http://lovecortnie.etsy.com!

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com