photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Currently Loving: Color Blocking

{Chic Color Blocking via The Blonde Salad}

I’ve recently had a change of heart when it comes to color blocking. I’m usually one for wearing neutrals with colorful or bold accessories, so the whole color on color thing didn’t quite appeal to me at first. However, the look in the photo above from fashion blogger, The Blonde Salad, made me completely rethink my stance on color blocking. The purple and orange combination is perfection! I also think the proportion of color is just right. She has chosen just two colors in varying shades and uses the purple as a sort of neutral, in harmony with the orange accents. It seems that when the balance and proportion are done right, color blocking can be rather fabulous. Below, you’ll find a few more chic color blocking looks. Is this a trend you would try or would you prefer to admire from afar?

color blocking

{Image via This is Glamorous}

{I LOVE this look from Zara. So simple and elegant! – Image Source}

{Color Blocking with a Preppy Twist – Image Source}

{Actress Camilla Belle in Gucci S/S 2011 - Image Source}

{This stylish look by fellow Houston blogger, Pretty Shiny Sparkly, achieves the perfect balance with the addition of the cognac-colored clutch.}

 

What’s the verdict? Would you try color blocking? If you have, what combination of colors did you wear?

 

P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Mattie Luxe Giveway for a set of six personalized place mats in the design of your choice. The giveaway ends tomorrow!

16 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Okay.. I see what you're saying and I love seeing brave and beautiful woman wearing their colors out there. I actually just made a post about colorful interiors yesterday because I'm really into color lately. It's yet another way to embrace summer, right? But I can see myself wearing too much color. I think I'd feel uncomfortable. Maybe because I'm not use to it and maybe I should try. To start I think you should try a summer dress with different colors.. at least it's just one piece. It's a start, right?

Enjoy your day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Allison Egan said...

Love it! that first shot of purple and orange is fantastic! Zara has some beautiful and not too pricey color blocking pieces lately!
xo Allison

Spicer + Bank
www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

scsd said...

Yes~ love it! Love the shoes in the first pic... perfect for the fall!

blair @ scsd

Unknown said...

I love the look- I have a pair of bright pink jeans that I pair with a royal blue blouse...adore that first image!

Jessie said...

Love that first image, that's color blocking done right!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

A Texas Gal said...

SMall world - PRetty Shiny Sparkly is written by one of my sorority sisters! :)

H.G. The Countess said...

Loving this look. Zara's been knocking it out of the park these days!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure color blocking is a "trend." Seems to me it's always been a great way to bring in summer. Love all these colors, but great fasionistas have been mixing and matching colors forever.

The Purse-a-holic said...

Oh yes, some of these clutches have my heart jumping :-)


A Girl's Next Best Friend

Yelena Starikova said...

This is a Fun and great trend!

AllGlamThings

SeaofGirasoles said...

my fav is Zara look!

http://seaofgirasoles.blogspot.com/

gena said...

I just did a post on colorblocking the other day! it has been around for a while now but I am loving the new ways its being offered up - Camilla Belle is an expert. love your examples!

Pablo said...

I have been doing it a long time ago and I still do. As a man, my favorite combinations for color block are red and purple; also, purple and yellow work nice; green and pink is a long time color block, but I have never liked it that much; other combo I used is light turquoise/aquamarine blue with apple green.

http://bloobreyplace.blogspot.com

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Camille Belle does it just right!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including my color blocking outfit in your roundup! I'm so happy to hear you're a Houstonian as well! We should meet up for coffee or drinks sometime! xoxo

Leotard said...

All combinations are good. But most gorgeous combination is shocking red and classy black, and baize cote also made a different style. Its not a very rare combination but looks very gorgeous.