photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 10, 2011

Kishani Perera’s New Store: RUMMAGE

20110519_KISHANI_STORE _020

Kishani Perera masterfully blends together a variety of inspired styles, some of which take root in different cultures. She has worked with many Hollywood celebrities including Molly Sims, for whom she has famously designed two homes, both of which are personal favorites of mine. What I love most about Kishani's work is the way that she seamlessly blends together various styles and adds unexpected touches.

Recently, Kishani has been very busy working on her latest project, a new store called RUMMAGE which opens today in Los Angeles.

20110519_KISHANI_STORE _014

RUMMAGE will offer a curated collection of vintage and hand-crafted pieces that  includes a mix of high and low end, simple and ornate, budget friendly and extravagant, classical and bohemian, all American and global. Expect to find 1940’s French cane chairs, deco Lucite and brass coffee tables, antique Thai theatre masks, European chandeliers, vintage glassware, textiles and designer fabrics, curios, and trinkets. In addition, Kishani will sell her own custom line of furniture– handmade zinc tables, concrete planters, an iron chandelier tree, a vintage mannequin that has been turned into a floor lamp etc…”

20110519_KISHANI_STORE _050

{Judging from the fabulous inventory and Kishani’s beautiful design work, it looks as though RUMMAGE will become an instant favorite for LA’s design set.}

20110519_KISHANI_STORE _045

{How gorgeous are these wing chairs? I like that the inventory in the store lends itself to many different styles and tastes.}

20110519_KISHANI_STORE _025

{If you’re in LA, be sure to pay RUMMAGE a visit soon. The shop officially opens today!}

 

RUMMAGE

7374 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036

323-935-5483

www.rummagehome.com

Twitter: @rummagehome

14 comments:

The Purse-a-holic said...

Looks great, should make this a stop on my first trip to LA!

A Girl's Next Best Friend

Arianna Belle said...

Nice! I'll have to stop by there and check it out!

Karena said...

Really wonderful finds here. I would love to visit the shop!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jessie said...

Fabulous shop! I would love to visit this shop one day.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

simply FAB! oh to be in LA.... :)

Arielle Wren said...

Thank you for blogging this!
I LOVE Molly Sims NYC apartment and LA home.
Have you ever come across pictures of her Hamptons home? I don't know if she still has it but she showed it off on MTV Cribs years ago and I have never been able to locate pictures.

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

Wow! This place looks like it could be a favorite if I lived near it. I could live in this place.

DD said...

I live 45 minutes outside NYC and I know there are a lot of resources there (ABC, all the design buildings, 1st dibs flea markets), but where the hell are all the cool vintage stores that I see on tv in LA. Like the ones that Emily Henderson visits on all her shows and the one you are showing me right now! I need to make a list and take a serious visit to LA, maybe take a UHAUL with me! lol

Journal Swag said...

Oh, love love it!

designchic said...

What a wonderful new store...adore the yellow foo dogs!!

Dhalia Edwards said...

Love the layout of the store!

Dhalia

Intrigue and Inspire said...

I saw about 20 things I would love to have in my house. I saw their website isn't open yet but hopefully it will be soon and they are not too expensive.

Yelena Starikova said...

Gorgeous store! Hopefully I can check it out sometimes soon!
AllGlamThings

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Great post! Love the shop! Happened to be in the area! Glad you made the post! She deserves the credit!
Regards,
Jamie Herzlinger