photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, June 6, 2011

Orange Crush

{Kelly Wearstler for Pickard}

I’ve been crushing on orange hues a lot lately. Orange wasn’t a favorite color of mine until a couple of years ago. It looks so great paired with so many other colors and it always looks chic, classic and crisp, not matter the context. It’s the perfect color for summer! Here is a little round-up of a few of my favorite orange items lately via Pinterest, natch!

{Mark Rothko – This is actually one of my favorite Rothko pieces}

{A Fabulous Necklace}

{The Fun, Orange Exterior of A Home in Mexico}

{Majorly Crushing on this Fabulous Look for Summer}

{Chic Shop: Dovecote Décor}

{These orange stools add the perfect punch of color to this lovely, classic kitchen.}

{Stacks and stacks of Hermes boxes in Kevin Sharkey’s apartment for a Martha Stewart Living photo shoot.}

{Stylish and Functional: Hermes Tray Table}

19 comments:

tina - Half Of What I Say said...

Orange is my least favourite colour, but it is so enticing in these images. I would really like a pair of orange trees in my house, have to choose the sunniest spot.

And that Rothko piece is beyond. He is one of my favourites.

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

Mmmm. I love orange/coral. Some of my fav combos are orange/teal and orange/hot pink.

The Proper Poppy said...

I have some pics I saw I have to send you that fit with this theme. Fun post!!

alison giese Interiors said...

I didn't think it was possible for my love of orange to grow - but that necklace and the Rothko print might have done just that!

scsd said...

that necklace is truly AMAZING....

blair @ scsd

Vanessa Stern said...

Orange has the most energizing quality to it! I love it especially with pink!

xo,
Vanessa

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Ha! I just took a break from baking, guess what? An orange cake! It's smelling good! :-)

The kitchen is my favorite one. Love the stools!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Arianna Belle said...

a look at my pins got me realizing how much I'm drawn to orange too! I posted today about the color this morning as well -great minds think alike ;-)

Splenderosa said...

Paloma, this is just the most beautiful wonderful post. I love everything about it, except all those Hermes boxes...I'm just sick they don't belong to me. xx's

Jessie said...

Love all the images especially the beautiful kitchen with the orange stools.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Orange always reminds me of the Caribbean.

Lisa xx

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Love this post, and I'm also loving orange too! I also saw the Hermes boxes in the bathroom photo shoot! I loved that! :)

Lily said...

I have been loving orange recently too ! I posted the fabulous necklace today to!! Great photos.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Liv.Luv.Design said...

I love orange! It's so vibrant and fresh and I love it when paired with gray. I love the Dovecote Decor vignette with the orange lamps, garden stool, pillows, and storage boxes.

Barbara@HausDesign said...

I love the pop of orange in that otherwise neutral, classic kitchen - gorgeous! I love orange and have posted about it also here: http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/2011/02/absolutely-orange.html

FlirtyGems said...

Those stools are AMAZING!

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Oh, how I love orange! Such beautiful images. That necklace is stunning!

Heather Feemster said...

Fantastic post, that's one of my favorite Rothko's as well.

Anonymous said...

I love the necklace, do you know the designer or where it can be found?