photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jet Set: The Corinthia Hotel London

The Reception

{The Chic Reception Area at the Corinthia Hotel}

I am currently trying to convince my husband that we should go to London this fall in honor of my thirtieth birthday. It’s a city that we both absolutely adore and would love to spend more time in. I would also love to spend a couple of days in Paris. As of now, he just says that we didn’t go to Europe for his thirtieth to which I simply reply, “You didn’t ask”. I’m working on him!

Since I am hoping to go back to London before the end of the year, I have been researching hotels and vacation packages. During one of my searches, I stumbled across the breathtaking Corinthia Hotel in Whitehall Place. The stunning hotel was designed by GA Design International with Sigma Architecture and Interiors as the architect. The hotel’s Massimo Restaurant and Bassoon Bar were designed by one of my favorite decorators, David Collins. The Corinthia boasts a location that is impossible to beat. Just off Trafalgar Square, the Corinthia Hotel overlooks the River Thames and is walking distance from the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, The National Gallery, the London Eye and The Tate Modern. Many of the beautifully-appointed rooms and suites offer sweeping views of these London landmarks. If the service is as fabulous as the location and décor of this hotel, it may just be the best place to stay in London. For now, I’ll hold out on the hope that I’ll be able to stay there some day.

The Northall

{The Northall Restaurant}

The speciality seafood restaurant

{Massimo Restaurant – How gorgeous are those pendants and striped columns? David Collins is a genius.}

{Alternate View of the Gorgeous Massimo Restaurant}

Bassoon Bar

{Bassoon Bar}

{The Garrett Suite}

{The Winston Churchill Suite}

{The Frederick Simms Suite}

{The Trafalgar Suite}

{The Northumberland Suite}

{The Royal Suite}

{A Standard Superior King Room- Pretty fabulous, right?}

 

{Images Courtesy of the Corinthia Hotel}

16 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow... Fabulous for sure!

I don't want to sound "Blah", but my favorite is the "royal suite". ;-)

I was just saying that I want a vacation. After seeing this place I need to change the "want" for a "need"!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

scsd said...

Wow... add that to the bucket list!

blair @ scsd

Boddrick's Roost said...

LOVE the design of the hotel!! I'm pushing for Europe for my big 3-0 next March... I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us ;)

claudia b said...

pretty darn fabulous!

Karena said...

Paloma I believe I know where you will be staying!! Fabulous!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

I have an amazing Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica. You will love it!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I believ you MUST come soon :)

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Never seen this hotel before
Beautiful interior so well thought of

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Really digging those striped columns...what a total statement piece!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Anonymous said...

thanks for the great post and kind words about Massimo & Bassoon!! be sure to like us on facebook and @d_c_studio for more pics!! DCS

The Purse-a-holic said...

These images make me want to go on vacay right now lol

A Girl's Next Best Friend

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Each space is so beautifully designed. I really love the restaurant spaces, not to mention those suites! You always have such great hotel recommendations. Thanks for posting this.

- Sue W.

Anonymous said...

The wording of the blog is incorrect. DCS were not the designers of the hotel, but as they have highlighted in their comment, they were interior designers for the Bassoon bar and Massimo's restaurant. Interior designer for the remainder of the hotel is GA Design International, the architect is Sigma Architecture & Interiors.

navia stella said...

Paloma, I must take you out to tea if you come to London with your hubby! x

Megan said...

I'd be afraid to eat anything in those restaurants! I'm sure I"d spill!

Amazing Suites!

Megan

Unknown said...

Anon 12:55 am, thank you so much for the information. I could not find anything on the hotel's website about any designers/architects other than David Collins. I have updated the post. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I just got back (literally last week) from London which was a surprise bday present from the hubs for my 29. See, miracles do happen ;) We didn't stay in anything close to this hotel though! Gorg! Thanks for sharing! Joanna