photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 3, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 06.03.11

This week, I am absolutely loving the elegant simplicity of this room in designer, Chloe Warner’s San Francisco home (thanks for the source, Courtney!). In my opinion, it is the perfect room for the beginning of summer. The neutral color palette of white and tan creates an ideal backdrop for the lovely Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees and Quadrille pillows. The windows beckon a million possibilities, which I often associate with summer. Who knows what the season will hold for us all, aside from the heat! Anyhow, I love the clean lines of the furniture along with the beautiful ceiling and vintage chandelier which gives the room the perfect touch of glamour.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree in Houston? I have seen them all over Los Angeles, but I haven’t seen them in Texas.

Have a wonderful weekend!

{Image Source: Domino, November 2007}

15 comments:

Courtney said...

Domino Mag Nov '07 -- it's from designer Chloe Warner's house in San Fran. Isn't it so darling! Her site: http://redmondaldrich.com/

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I don't know why, but this room makes me think of where I'm from, Brazil. I think because it feels sunny, warm, comfortable and a bit tropical because of the plants. I'm simply loving looking at this picture.

Enjoy your weekend, Paloma.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Courtney said...

Oh and Paloma, I bought my tree years ago from Tall Plants off I-10 (9191 Katy Fwy)...will be on your right coming from Katy right past the Beltway. They have great tall plants, natch :) Hope all is well.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Loving the neutrals and that chandy! The natural light is lovely, too. I hope you have a great weekend!

d&d said...

lovely! and congrats on the times article!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Courtney! We've bought a couple plants there before. Dennis, the owner is so nice and helpful. Hope you're well! XO

Jessie said...

I just love the fiddle leaf fig tree. I have seen so many of them in beautiful interiors. Good luck with you search. :)

I found one online:

http://houstoninteriorplants.com/inc/sdetail/503

Good luck!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Theresa / InspirationCOOP said...

I have been seeing this tree everywhere, and wondering its name! Now I know. Thank you!

travelkate said...

Love the serene colors and the ceiling-beautiful!

Sara said...

I live in Oklahoma City and had Dulaney's, a local home and floral shop, order mine for me. You might try the high-end floral shops in Houston. I bet they can source it for you. Now if I can just get it to stop dropping its leaves! :)

Couture Carrie said...

What a gorgeous space!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

I live in Florida and got my fiddle leaf fig tree at Home Depot.

Heather Feemster said...

I agree, summer perfection!

Claudia Juestel said...

I also LOVE fiddle leaf fig trees for their large and wonderfully shaped leaves. I use them a lot. I hope you will find them in Houston Paloma.

Cheers,

Claudia

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely space! I'm loving the fabulous lighting in it. Enjoy the wonderful start of the week, Kellie xx