photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, June 9, 2011

House Tour: Erika of Small Shop Studio

{Erika’s Fabulous Office- I love every last detail!}

A couple of months ago, I stumble across Erika Brechtel’s blog that corresponds to her graphic design business, Small Shop Studio and I was instantly smitten. We have become fast blog friends and have worked together on a feature for the upcoming issue of High Gloss. Trust me when I say that she is extremely talented. Erika has a background in interior design and worked in that industry for several years before deciding to venture into graphic design. Eight years ago, she founded her company and she has been designing ever since!

Erika has a fantastic eye and I find myself so drawn to her blog posts and designs. I recently noticed the tour of her fabulous home on her blog and I am positive that you all will love it as much as I do.

{I absolutely adore the colors in Erika’s office- pink, orange, yellow, gold. It makes for a bold, graphic, chic combination.}

{I’m obsessed with this vignette.}

office-etagere-front-2

{Erika recently purchased this fun brass etagere from the 1970s. Not only does it make a great statement, it provides lots of storage room!}

office-etagere-top-shelf

{Pantone Binders and Stylish Books}

{Erika’s Dining Room - I think we might be kindred spirits as it seems Erika and I share a love of David Hicks’ La Fiorentina, cool chairs and fantastic lighting.}

{A Close-up of the Dining Room with a Few Glamorous Accessories}

{Desk in the Living Area}

{The laidback living room has a cool, Southern California vibe.}

{The master bedroom features several earth tones and textures giving it a very warm feel.}

{The opposite side of the master bedroom exudes a more feminine vibe, giving the overall space a sense of balance.}

{A Lovely Vignette}

{Erika’s daughter’s room is so sweet!}

{I love the fabrics she chose and the fact that they are not strictly for baby.}

{The color palette of pink, orange and yellow is carried over into this part of the room as well. It’s the same combination Erika used in her office, but done in a sweet way, perfect for a little girl.}

{Erika’s darling baby when she was a tiny infant…}

{She can continue to enjoy her lovely room as she grows up since her mommy was smart and chose fun, modern fabrics that would work well at just about any age.}

27 comments:

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

She has such a beautfiul home! I love it!

Karena said...

I feel I am a kindred spirit as well Paloma, I adore her office! The entire home actually....

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Simply Bee said...

Everything in her home is beautiful! I think my favorite room though may be the dining area. I love the "glamorous accessories"!

http://simplybeeblog.blogspot.com/

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Pa,

You know I'm expecting and seeing that tiny baby made me (almost) cry! Call me emotional, but how precious is that. I don't even need to comment about the beautiful interiors... just that picture made my day! :-)

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

travelkate said...

An absolutely beautiful home! What an inspiration!

Braxton and Yancey said...

One of the most beautiful homes I've seen. Ever. I could move in today. Thanks for the great pics.

The Purse-a-holic said...

Wow love her crib!

A Girl's Next Best Friend

H.G. The Countess said...

I love Erika, and her home. She did my save the dates and bridal shower invitations and will be doing more items for the paper suite for my October wedding. She is the BEST!

Elizabeth said...

Erika is an amazing designer and blogger - she is so talented and super sweet!! Love her!
-e (modern24seven.blogspot.com)

Mrs. C said...

Can I move in!? Yikes! Her home is amazing! I love the fur on the chair...so fun! All so neat and clean...yet super chic!

www.mrscapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

alison giese Interiors said...

It's a great house, for sure. I think she must know a thing or two about how to photograph it as well. Good call on featuring it!

Katherine said...

Wow, I love her home! I can't wait to see your collaboration in High Gloss, I'm sure it will be stunning!

Unknown said...

first we share the same name - so i like her for that - then her style - i'm sold - going to head to her blog now!!!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

You have a great eye for great talent. Erika's style is fun, young and stylish. Her 70's etagere I would love to snap up and grab about everything else as I run out the door.

Great weekend to you Paloma. Let us pray & hope for cooler temps than 100*!

Yolonda | Style Fragment said...

Love this home! Just beautiful!

John Valenty said...

Wow definitely love the color scheme in her office. Beautiful house.

Marie (le bellezze) said...

Love it all but esp the dining room. The mirror is just perfect and the buffet/bar is fabulous. I really like that desk and would love to know where it's from?? I also love those lamps in the living room!

Christi said...

what a beautiful home. i love the color and inspiration. a happy home and a warm home. i have the head chairs that she uses in her dining room and i like how she uses them in there. i'm more traditional but i sure love the chairs in our living room. her desk in the living area is great ... functional as a desk or bar. thanks for yet another inspiring post!!

Beau lifestyle said...

Love love love her house
I totally agree, Erica´s house is one of the most pretty houses i have ever seen, she has a signature style and she is a sweet girl too.
Can´t wait to see your cooperation for Rue magazine.
Chantal
www.beaulifestyle.blogspot.com

Jessie said...

Love her beautiful home. Her office is my favorite and that 70's etagere is off the charts glamorous! Thanks for the lovely home tour!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Love Erika and am so smitten with her home. Especially her lighting choices!

Anna @ IHOD said...

What a gorgeous home! I love the colors and aesthetics. And the baby is the best part:)

Unknown said...

OMG. This home is beyond amazing! Love the color scheme, the textiles, the gold accents, everything!

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

This is home is too beautiful for words xx

South of Market said...

Love everything about the office! So colorful and happy!

Lonely Wife Project said...

I love Erika to pieces! She's not only freakishly talented, she's also freakishly sweet. Her home and her blog inspire me on a daily basis.

Lily said...

Erikas home is one of my very favorites! She has such amazing style and her home is such an inspiration.

xxLily
goldandgray.com