photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 06.24.11

This week’s fabulous room is a stunning, feminine kitchen. The femininity mainly comes from the lighting and flowers in the space, so it really is a blank slate for many different styles. While I tend to veer towards a “modern traditional” sensibility, I am loving the sleek, mod cabinetry and the amazing marble waterfall island which steals the show!

I found this room via Mr. Goodwill Hunting’s Pinterest, so I don’t know the original source or designer for the space. However, there are so many great elements in this kitchen. The modern style of the cabinetry and appliances is balanced by the warm, wood floors and the traditional mouldings and architectural features. I would probably switch out the two chandeliers over the island for something more classic, though. While I love a touch of glamour in a room, these seem too girly and trendy for me.

{The View Towards the Breakfast Room—I’d love to see the rest of this lovely home!}

{I love the beautiful fireplace in the breakfast room as well as the mouldings on the wall. Choosing white really allows the beautiful architecture to shine. I’d love to get my hands on this space and decorate it myself!}

 

Is there anything you’d change about this room or would you leave it as is? Happy Friday!

17 comments:

scsd said...

love the architectural features... looks like a great blank canvas!

blair @ scsd

Lilacandgrey said...

j'adore!

el {what you fancy} said...

Ooh it's so elegant... agree that the chandeliers may be over-kill, although a more toned down version might work better. Happy weekend to you!
~el

Entrepreneuress Academy said...

Absolutely lovely!xx

www.EntrepreneuressAcademy.com

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Beautiful!! Like a modern European flat! Love the double panel molding and that gorgeous mirror!! Turnkey for sure! I'm ready to move right in! So gorgeous!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

jacquelyn | lark + linen said...

this kitchen is absolutely perfect. I love a kitchen that isn't huge in size but is big in style.

Lily said...

We were thinking alike today...I used this same kitchen because of the waterfall island ! LOVE it !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

zatsart said...

love the bright white, architecture is beautiful also,and accented well

HeatherI said...

I think this is Gwyneth Paltrow's kitchen.

katiedid said...

Great kitchen Paloma! Love the counters! Thanks for the peek.

Emily Amy Gallery said...

Fabulous room is right! The moudlings on the wall are wonderful.
Such an inspirational post. Thank you!

Erica said...

Gorgeous!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

So gorgeous! The subtle pops of color provided by the flowers help make the room.

www.mimosasnthemorning.com

Arianna Belle said...

Great pick Paloma! I'd probably swap out the cabinetry for something a bit more classic, but overall a pretty fabulous kitchen. I agree, the marble waterfall island definitely steals the show! Adding this to the inspiration file :)

Penny said...

omg Paloma every post gets me more excited for high gloss. When's the next issue coming out? I heard it was to be out this week. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paloma,

This is a brownstone apartment that's for sale (or has just sold) in the South End of Boston. I recognized it right away, as I have the pics saved myself.

Tobe | BIA said...

oh, WOW. i usually don't respond to such feminine spaces, but this feels so RICH. the dark floors...the light fixtures...that marble ~ YUM! throw some ghost stools in there, and i'm done.