photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chic and Cheap

cheapchic2

{For the Home: Plum and Gold Lacquered Bowl - $15, Pink Greek Key Thank You Notes – $10, set of Ikat Plates – $16, Pink Pagoda Thank You Notes – $10, Bright Penant Coasters – $18}

I spend most of my day on the computer, writing blog posts for La Dolce Vita, executing my tasks as editor of High Gloss Magazine and writing some freelance articles on the side. In between all of that and engaging in my social media addictions (Twitter, Facebook and most recently, Pinterest), I am sometimes able to sneak in a little shopping. I have recently come across some stylish, noteworthy bargains that I can’t help but share with everyone. I love a great deal!

cheapchic

 

{Summer Essentials: Diane von Furstenberg Silk Turban – $22.50, H&M Chevron Bikini – $4.95 per piece, H&M Dress – $12.95, Merona Gold Emeline Braided Sandals – $15}

 

cheapchic4

 

{Fabulous Jewelry: Gold Chandelier Earrings - $5.95, Zebra Ring - $5.95, Beads and Fringe Necklace - $8.80, Faux Gemstone Hinge Bracelet - $8.80, Geometric Bib Necklace - $12.80, Pyramid Stud Bracelet – $6.80}

cheapchic3

{The Hardest Working Accessory: Batik Print Scarf – $8.80, Tribal Woven Scarf – $6.80, Watercolor Navajo Scarf – $6.80, Ikat Woven Scarf – $8.80, Navajo Woven Scarf  - $6.80}

Scarves serve so many purposes. You can use them as headwraps, sarongs, scarves (of course!). One of my favorite ways to use scarves happens to be fashioning throw pillow covers from them. Since these are pretty inexpensive, I would suggest going with a sturdier linen, cotton or velvet in a coordinating solid color for the back of the pillow and using one of these pretty ethnic prints for the front. They’re chic and cheap!

Do any of these bargains catch your eye?

12 comments:

Luxe Habitat said...

Love them all! Please take a moment to visit my new blog!

meenal@maison marigold said...

The chevron bikini and the braided sandals are gorgeous and a real bargain!! Love the pagoda thankyou notes too... Thanks for sharing..have a lovely day, paloma..do visit my blog when you have a moment..xx meenal

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

I have the Merona sandals and coral and teal. LOVE them!

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

I have those Merona sandals in coral and teal and I can already tell they will be my summer daytime go-to's. :)

Monica Gisele said...

Love the Chic and cheap post, I was shocked to see these item were from Forever 21! Love the blog even more now!

Rachel Upshaw said...

I snagged a pair of those Merona sandals (sadly out of gold, I got the black) - great deals!!

Mrs. C said...

Love all the scarves!! They are fabulous!! And what girl doesn't love a little jewelry. I am in LOVE with Pinterest btw!! Will follow you!

www.mrscapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Allison Egan said...

Oh My! fantastic items - love all these bargains! i esp love the plum and gold lacquered bowl and the ikat woven scarf! wow!
xo Allison

Spicer + Bank
www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Those prices are AMAZING!!! Wow!

Blemon said...

Great bargains - love the chevron bikini and jewelry! :)

little luxury list said...

I am becoming more and more impressed with H&M. This post of course totally speaks to me - bargains but I also love chic and unique things and am willing to pay the price for them.
This would be a great series and I'd love to contribute!

Anonymous said...

Bargin hunter is my name! love all the brightly patterned pieces!