photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 07.1.11

This week’s fabulous room is this unabashedly feminine breakfast nook that was recently featured in Southern Living. I love the mix of classic styles, from the classically modern tulip table to the classically traditional French-style chairs. The use of fabrics is fresh and fun as are the color palette and the fabulous art wall. I recognize the flamingos from etsy seller United Thread! Apparently, all of the art is from etsy and each piece was under $40.

{Aren’t the chairs fabulous? I am loving the use of the coral sofa as seating at the breakfast table. I also recognize the Serge Sconces from Circa Lighting designed by Michael S. Smith. They really stand out among all of the patterns in the space.}

{Here’s a Peek of the Rest of the Kitchen}

{Lucite stools, beautiful greige paint, and classic lighting…I love it all.}

{The zig zag backsplash is beautiful. Evidently, the homeowners wanted to revamp their kitchen, but did not want the expense of new cabinetry, so they raised them, allowing room for some open shelves, added some new hardware, a fresh coat of paint and voila!}

{Great Built-In Cabinetry}

 

What are you up to this holiday weekend? Today, Fabian and I are celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary! Time truly flies. I cannot believe it’s been six years since our wedding, but I thank my lucky stars everyday that I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Happy long weekend, everyone!

15 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I really like the color on the cabinets! I also like the nook area. It's really fun and it feels cozy. I love a round table, it seems that everyone is connected, together. It's nice!

Wishing you a beautiful long weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

So pretty!! I love the fabric on the chairs and the amazing herringbone tile...and those cake stands!!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Incredibly gorgeous home! Love the gray cabinets and design details! Makes me want to redo everything.....my husband is not going to be happy :)

Paulette @ At Home in Arkansas magazine said...

Happy anniversary! xo

Paulette

Tobe | BIA said...

i have been completely obsessed with that fabric for months. looks fab on those traditional chairs! definitely loving the cabinet style (though the color would probably change for me), that zig zag backsplash (!!!) and the lucite stools (another obsession lately).

happy 6th anniversary!

aLena said...

Happy 6 yrs! Hope you're doing something amazing this weekend!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

I love the eating area. The colors are super chic!

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

Erin Walsh Design said...

Love that first dining area photo! Gorgeous zebra print chairs!

Jessie said...

Adore the eating area! The coral sofa looks fresh and pretty! Also loving the chevron print on the dining chairs!

Great find!


Have a wonderful weekend!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

koobox.ca said...

thank you for your sharing!

Amanda said...

Do you happen to know what color of Greige that is?! Love it! Thanks!

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope it was wonderful.

sophie said...

This is so fab! Can anyone provide me a source of the chevron print fabric on the chairs? I NEED IT!

xo

RAENOVATE said...

i love every single thing about this kitchen. the banquette, the open shelving, the hardwoods, the pantry, the farmhouse sink, the pendants...they're all perfection.

Cara said...

Oh wow! I love the fabric choices.