photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 07.22.11

david collins interiors4

This week’s fabulous room is a stunning master suite with plenty of gilded touches and sumptuous fabrics. Located in a Bangkok apartment designed by accomplished British designer, David Collins (he happens to be one of my favorites), the space brings to mind the decadence of the 1980s in the best way possible. In my opinion, the color palette and choice of textiles within the space are reminiscent “1980s Beverly Hills luxe” with a big dose of modernity. The bed is absolutely gorgeous and every last piece within the space has classic lines, yet everything feels completely current and modern. The gorgeous gold lamp in the photo above may just be my favorite item in the entire space. It is beyond!

david collins interiors2

{Beautiful Furnishings which I Presume to be Custom-Made- How lovely is that credenza?}

david collins interiors 3

{Luxurious Materials in a Combination of Modern and Classic Shapes}

david collins interiors

{This bathroom may just be the definition of grand! The marble has so much impact within the space. I am in love with all of the hardware in this room, including the beautiful brass finish. The bathtub and curved, tufted bench are nothing short of spectacular!}

Happy Weekend!

 

{Image Source}

9 comments:

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

The bathroom is gorgeous!

the modern sybarite ™ said...

I cannot agree more. It is so very fab .. the colors, the spacial arrangements, the furniture!!!!

Amanda said...

*gasp* I just spilled my cup of tea over this one!! LOVELY!! and that jewel toned couch- *swoon*

Brittney said...

I love all the touches of green. So fabulous!!

Unknown said...

LOVE this space. You can't go wrong with marble, brass and velvet. I've been seriously considering a brass pharmacy style lamp -- digging this version!

karlita at the purple bow said...

The perfect touch of gold.. I guess I would spend half of my day in that bathroom, its gorgeous.. I see you still continue with the jewel tones.. which I super like!

Barbara@HausDesign said...

What a gorgeous interior! What a dream - these cool colors would be a refreshing break from that intense Thai heat!

http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

How elegant and glamorous! I love the touches of green and the mix of all the different fabulous materials and finishes! Absolutely gorgeous- thank you for sharing!

Megan said...

I covet that tub and the bench that wraps around it! So beautiful!