photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Look to Love: Modern Eclectic

I’ve always loved interiors that look perfectly layered and that tell of the homeowner’s interests and travels. While this can be achieved in any style, more often than not, I find that the best, most beautifully layered rooms tend to veer towards the eclectic side. Pairing that with clean, modern lines can result in some seriously amazing spaces.

{Designed by Pamplemousse, this space features some incredible architectural elements like the soaring windows and gorgeous herringbone floors. The art and furnishings elevate everything to a new level.}

{This space is part of the House of Windsor by Windsor Smith and her designer friends in Los Angeles. I wish I could make it to LA before July 17th to see it in person!}

{Gorgeous Nate Berkus-Designed Space featured in High Gloss Magazine}

{Image via House and Home}

{Masculine Chic- Original Source Unknown}

{This is one of the most unique bathrooms I’ve ever seen. I love the sculptural quality of many of the items in it.}

{Various colors and textures add warmth and style to this interior from Nuevo Estilo}

{Lázaro Rosa Violán’s Incredible Barcelona Studio}

{Yet another space with beautiful bones. This one was designed by Nate Berkus.}

{Elegant, Masculine Space by Thomas O’Brien}

 

Do you embrace this type of style or do you prefer something more traditional or “focused”?

 

{Images via Pinterest}

8 comments:

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Absolutely love the Nate Berkus room. It is so inviting and bright. I could plop down on that blue couch with a book any day.

tina / half of what I say said...

These are stunning, particularly love the spaces incorporating the modern art. I'm not sure I could live with so many elements in my own home, I'm a touch more minimalist. Makes me want to incorporate some sculptures on pedestals somewhere in my house.

Unknown said...

I love the Nate Berkus room and Windsor Smith's room, especially that kelly green desk! I love an eclectic mix!

I'm giving away a round Flokati rug on my blog! Stop by and check it out.

Christy said...

Absolutely love the herringbone floors of the Pamplemousse designed space. This is the perfect blend of old & new. che bellissima!
Christine
http://ciaochristy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think this is definitely my style, with a touch of glam. I like that, I'm going to use it, "modern eclectic"... ;o)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Cannot stop oogling over the wood desk and stunning wallpaper combo!

Barbara@HausDesign said...

For me eclectic is the only way to go if you want to get a truly unique, personalized look. These are beautiful examples!
http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

Karlita said...

I love it!