photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 07.15.11

The latest issue of Lonny is filled with eye candy. I’ve blogged about Michele Bonan’s gorgeous work countless times and consider him one of my favorite designers, so I was happy to read about the story of The Heidelberg Suites. Having said that, my favorite space in the entire issue belongs to Lauren Gold, design director at Nate Berkus Associates. We featured Lauren along with Sasha Adler, her fellow design director in the current issue of High Gloss from an overall style perspective focusing on their fashion must haves and design philosophy, so it was a fun departure to see her stunning Chicago apartment in the pages of Lonny. Every last room in her home is gorgeous, but today, I’ll focus on her living/dining area.

{I love the balance of glamour with an organic quality that is found throughout the home.}

{My heart skipped a beat when I saw these classic Louis chairs upholstered in black leather, paired with the gold wheat sheaf table. It’s so glamorous!}

{I love the monochromatic nature of the items on Lauren’s bookshelf. Not only are they beautiful, but you can tell they mean something to her.}

 

{Image Credit: Patrick Cline for Lonny Magazine}

15 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Whoa! That table! How unique and fun! The chairs being a classic with a twist (black leather) made me smile!

Great design found here!


Have a blessed weekend.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Tobe | BIA said...

absolutely smitten with this space!!! down to every last detail.

the modern sybarite ™ said...

So stylish, so tasteful!

Unknown said...

Completely loving the white organic elements mixed with the glam gold and dramatic black. Sharp, yet soft.

Splenderosa said...

Paloma, just lovely. xx's

Vanessa Stern said...

I loved this apartment! I've seen it before, used to have a black and white rug, love how it looks revamped! Always a favorite for my inspiration files!

xo

Anonymous said...

We loved this space too! So chic and filled with such amazing pieces and such a great mix of texture!!
Love it!
xo E + J

Melissa Blake said...

Lovely space!! I love it....happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the black in the space, very sophisticated but it still feels lovely and airy. The large canvas is particularly lush....

Unknown said...

It is divine. Organic and glam. Love it!

Thanks for the inspiration!
xox
hooper patterson
www.birdsofafeatherdesign.com

Santi said...

its a gorgeous home :) so beuatiful, love the black here, its so chic :)

santi
santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

beautiful! simple and yet so chic. Love the painted out black bookshelves!

stpatty said...

I am in love with the wheat sheaf table! BTW, Lauren's home was featured in our local Chicago magazine a few years ago - the dining room chairs were upholstered in burlap then and the table top was square, not circular. I like the current look, but both are great.
http://www.chicagohomemag.com/Chicago-Home/January-February-2008/The-Apprentices/index.php?cparticle=2&siarticle=1#artanc

RosalitaMargarita said...

I agree. its refreshing to include a balance between glamour and organic quality. happy blogging =)

rosalitamargarita.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

organic glam, just the look I'm constantly in search of. Love it..