photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dream Home: So Haute

Today’s “Dream Home” is one of my favorites in the series so far. The beautiful and talented Nicole of So Haute has put together some gorgeous rooms for us. They are classic with a glamorous twist. If you watch Million Dollar Decorators, this is exactly what comes to mind when I think of the “L.A. English” term that Mary McDonald uses-– in short: elegant, yet relaxed. I could move right in!

So Haute

Hi! It's Nicole from So Haute here. I was so excited when Paloma asked me to share my dream home here on La Dolce Vita. I had so much fun pulling together all of the images...it was quite difficult to narrow it all down!

Photo: Tim Barber

At this point in my life, after nearly a decade of New York City apartment living, my dream home would be a classic, Georgian style house in California complete with 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, an outdoor living space for entertaining and a swimming pool, of course! It's bright and airy with a fairly neutral palette, a little bit eclectic and exudes that intangible California cool vibe which I've always been drawn to. Let's take a little tour, shall we?

Photo: Timothy Whealon

Apartment living has never afforded me the luxury of a formal entry so I want mine to feel luxe with a touch of drama. The deGournay wall covering with a pattern of climbing vines is quite stunning, isn't it? This entry definitely sets the tone for the beauty that is to come when you walk further inside the house...

Photo Christopher Peacock

I love a classic white kitchen and my California dream home will be bright and sunny with French doors opening up to the back patio, just like this one. Classic white subway tile and a casual dining area lend an understated yet refined sense of style to this kitchen. The only thing I would change is the pendant above the table...I'd go for something a bit more streamlined.

Photo: Windsor Smith

The formal dining room in my dream home will be quite the stunner - just like this dining room by Windsor Smith. It's all about casual elegance with its crystal chandelier, beautiful hand painted wall covering and antique French furniture juxtaposed with a more casual dining table and sisal rug. This is the perfect space for all of the fabulous dinner parties I'll be hosting!

Photo: Schuyler Samperton

How pretty is my wall papered powder room? The antique mahogany cabinet used as a vanity makes the space feel so warm!

Photo: Michael Smith

Now we're in our family room where we spend most of our time. It's timeless, elegant and above all else, comfortable.

Photo: Windsor Smith

This jaw droppingly stunning sitting room in Windsor Smith's house is the inspiration for the formal living room in my dream home. It's a perfect spot for entertaining.

Photo: Katie Leede

My California dream bedroom would have an airy and eclectic look with pops of ethnic textiles...just like this room by Katie Leede. Do you notice the common thread in all the rooms in my dream home? Large windows that let the sunshine pour through! It makes such a difference!

Photo: Peter Dunham

Just off my dream bedroom is this quaint little patio where I'd sit out and enjoy my morning coffee while catching up on my daily reads.

Photo: Jonathan Adler

And no dream home would be complete without a dream closet! Here's a peek inside my glamorous closet/dressing room.

Photo: Windsor Smith

And now we're in my dream master bath...classic white marble with a subtle dose of soft pink. Beautiful and timeless!

Photo: Lonny

Photo: Lucas Studio

The guest bedrooms in my dream home are inviting and elegant with warm wood tones and pops of pattern....like the two rooms above by Lulu de Kwiatkowski and Lucas Studio.

Photo: Elaine Griffin

The guest bath is also classic with white tile and a Greek key border incorporated into the floor tiling. I always love a Greek key pattern! The floral and vine wall covering adds a whimsical touch.

Photo: Carrier & Company

My third guest room will be transformed into a chic home office/library to house all of my decor books and serve as a home base for Nicole Gibbons Studio!

Photo: Kristen Panitch

Heading back downstairs, through the kitchen and out the French doors will bring you into my fabulous outdoor living room which features a fireplace and an array of chic furnishings. Everyone says the kitchen is the heart of the home but for me, this outdoor living space would be the heart of my home. I love to BBQ so I'd cook outside on the grill as often as I could!

Photo: Katie Leede

And finally - a pool, complete with umbrella covered lounge chairs. Perfect for lying out in the California sunshine! Thank you Paloma for inviting me to share my dream home and thanks to everyone for following along on my tour!

14 comments:

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

That home is a little slice of heaven... I adore your choices. I love the seating in the dining room and that closet is AMAZING!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow! Loved this one from picture 1 to the last! This girl has an amazing taste!


I hope you have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Rachel Hazelton Interior Design said...

Love it all..especially Windsor Smith's dining room and that four poster bed with that fab tufted white chair you can see in the corner of the photo. Great post.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the exterior- pretty much my dream facade. Also adore the Katie Leede bedroom and the lovely collection of wallpaper.

paula said...

what a dream this would be!!!

Heartfire At Home said...

So many lovely things to look at here! That master bathroom is about as big as my living and dining put together I think - lol. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in the house of our dreams?

Linda. :)

the modern sybarite ™ said...

cna't egt enough of windsor smith's sitting room and carriers home office/library! Excellent choices!

Ana Liza said...

Exquisite! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I love the bright, white, clean style of some of the rooms. It is so enthraling!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

That master bath is amazing! I love Windsor Smith.

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

So Haute said...

Paloma! Thank you so much again for featuring my "Dream Home"! And thanks everyone for all of your kind comments! xoxo

fatti navarro said...

um charme de casa!
bjusss

KimChicSisters said...

loving those lounge chairs!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/07/strolling-through-central-park.html

Karlita said...

wow! I loved your house and fell in love with that closet!