photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dream Home: The Chenault Life

I am very excited to share today’s “Dream Home” with you. Not only because it comes from the imagination of my blog friend, Sarah of The Chenault Life, but because she is a fellow Houstonian and the home she’s put together really embodies modern Houston style. There’s a touch of the French look Houstonians love, but it’s paired with inspired, modern touches. Enjoy!

clip_image002

Hi there, it’s Sarah from The Chenault Life, and I can’t tell you how excited I am to participate in Paloma’s Dream Home feature. This experience has been so much fun, and I’ve taken it way too seriously, but I hope you enjoy my picks for a dream home…

Welcome to my Dream Home… Please come in!

This home is actually for sale (for a nice, $2MM) in a lovely Houston neighborhood. I love the French style and it’s welcoming exterior.

clip_image002[6]

Kitchen

This is where I imagine we’d spend a good chunk of time. I love the light, bright airiness of the kitchen, and I’d add a black sink and breakfast nook to give it more contrast.

clip_image002[8]

Black Sink = Love (hides the mess!)

clip_image002[10]

Breakfast Nook

clip_image002[12]

Dining Room

Here’s where we’ll spend special occasion dinners. I love that it’s kind of whimsical and the pops of color - especially the coral, are a nice touch.

clip_image002[14]

Family Room

Now, please join me in the family room. I don’t think a room is complete without a burnt orange chaise, so this is definitely necessary.

clip_image002[16]

Living Room

In reality, I don’t think I could get away with decorating a formal living room in such a feminine way, but for this post’s sake, let’s go there.

clip_image002[18]

clip_image002[20]

Office

To stay awake be productive, my office will require lots of natural light and fresh flowers like shown below. Oh, and pets welcome.

clip_image002[22]

Nursery

This is my all time favorite nursery, though it doesn’t really go with the rest of the house. I’m not sure what that carpet is made of, but in my dream home no animals would be hurt in the making of this room.

clip_image002[24]

Childrens’ and Guest Rooms

When older, the children will sleep in rooms with burnt orange headboards so they subconsciously fall in love with UT at an early age…

clip_image002[26]clip_image002[28]

clip_image002[30]

Guest bath

Clean and simple. Another black sink!

clip_image002[32]

Master Bed and Bath

As much as I love color and decorating with bold patterns, I like a serene, peaceful Master Bedroom and Bath… with lots of white and natural light.

clip_image002[34]

My dream Master Bath

My dream bath would have a spa-like quality.

clip_image002[36]

Courtyard and Patio

Of course this home needs a fabulous patio and pool for entertaining and swimming.

clip_image002[38]

Images via HAR, pinterest, Lonny, Vogue, House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Urban Grace interiors, Cote De Texas, Massucco Warner Miller

Paloma – thanks for letting me participate in your blog series! It’s been so much fun!

13 comments:

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Paloma, I love this series! Sarah's dream master bedroom and bathroom are divine. Perfection!

Amanda said...

What a great collection of photos! and I've seen that master bedroom floating around blog-land its gorge!

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Aahhhhh.... elegant meets modern meets inviting. I love.

Thanks for sharing :)

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I love these photos! I love to be inspired by new photos! Such a great post.

www.mimosasnthemorning.com

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Wahhhhh those black farm sinks are gorgeous!! Looks like slate?..Do you happen to know what material they're made out of?

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Jamie said...

perfect houston, especially the nursery carpet, i see it all of the time. it's just tufted carpet so no animals are involved:) sold at m&m carpet.

Lindsay said...

Sarah, I love the house and the courtyard pool - it just screams for me to jump in! But, I could do without all that burnt orange - Gig'em!

Lindsay Chenault Bolton said...

Sarah, beautiful post!!! I love every bit of it especially the chaise lounge.

Meagan said...

What a lovely post! Sarah, those black sinks are gorgeous.

Kati said...

I love the breakfast corner. This looks so cozy yet light and bright. Perfect for a good talk while having Sunday brunch.
Greetings from Germany, Kati - made in hier

michela said...

Beautiful! I love the linving room with all the candles over the table and the bath.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments, and Paloma thanks again for letting me participate!

Cookie said...

They are so nice!