photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Glamorous Office Spaces

Most days, my style is a mix of modern traditional with a touch of glamour. I have been super drawn to office spaces lately and must admit that working in a stylish, aesthetically pleasing environment definitely helps me to channel my creative energy. As much as I love the show, The Office, I think I might get seriously depressed working in a space like that. I would at least need to accessorize my desk! While some of the office spaces featured in this post may be a little over the top, there is inspiration to be drawn from every image that we can apply to our own workspaces through a touch here and there.

office iconic blog

{I absolutely love this office by Windsor Smith. There is definitely a play between masculine and feminine elements, but it doesn’t skew too far either way. This would be perfect for a home office shared by a husband and wife. The contrast of the deep, navy walls and the crisp white moulding is AMAZING! The Missoni-esque fabric on the cool chair is the cherry on top.}

{This space is ultra glamorous in its simplicity. There isn’t a ton going on in this office, but each piece is unique and special. That, along with the pink chair and Grace Kelly’s Warhol portrait give it a glamorous edge.}

{This space is unabashedly glamorous in every sense. You have an ornate crystal chandelier, mirrored desk, crystal accessories and a gilded Louis chair. A bit much? Perhaps, but it’s fabulous nonetheless.}

{Mary McDonald’s office was featured in Domino a few years ago, back when it was Robin’s Egg Blue and extremely feminine. If you’ve watched Million Dollar Decorators, then you’ve probably noticed that she has changed things up. Gone are the pastels and in their place, she has a grey wall with glamorous antique sconces, touches of red, and the silver accessories on her desk are a bit more paired down. I must say, I prefer this look over the previous one.}

{Mary designed this bold office for her client on the show. Few things make a statement like a painted floor! Mary is a master at reigning in her color palettes, sticking to no more than three base colors accented with a pop of a bright color and touches of a metallic, usually gold. This approach is part of what makes her work so glamorous in my opinion.}

office francois halard photo

{In spite of its relative simplicity and soft color palette, this office space feels completely glamorous. The hand-painted deGournay wallpaper (such a luxury) and the mix of antique chairs with mid-century vintage pieces make the space feel totally luxurious. - Photo by Francois Halard}

Jul/Aug 2011

{Lauren Gold’s gorgeous office is one of my favorite spaces in the current issue of Lonny. In fact, I love her entire apartment! The high gloss, peacock blue walls combined with her beautiful, black lacquered desk and the tufted orange stool with gold base won me over right away. The space feels so sophisticated. It is feminine without being too sweet. I’m sure that armoire provides her with tons of storage, too.}

{In most cases, gold, when done well, is equivalent to glamour for me, whether we’re talking about jewelry or accessories and home furnishings. This desk, featured in Nuevo Estilo is my dream desk. I would love to own a piece like this one.}

{Kelly Wearstler is a creative genius. Would I want to work in this ultra-bright space everyday? No. I prefer my colors a bit more moody or neutral. However, it takes one hell of a creative person with moxie to spare to call this “home” during most of her waking hours. Bright pink chairs, mixed with a demi-lune chrome desk, Louis chair, interesting lighting and a massive abstract painting? Rock on, Kelly!}

{I’ve blogged about this office from an Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles show house a couple of times. If I were to mix Kelly Wearstler’s style with my own, this would most likely be the result. The Lucite desk, cognac chairs, beautiful gilded bookcases and sea urchin chandelier slay me every time!}

 

Do you like a touch of glamour in your office or do you gravitate to more serene, subdued work space?

18 comments:

Sara Cate said...

I love a glamourous office. I even think I sit up straighter in a chic room!

Anonymous said...

sooo LOVE Mary's painted floors!! the welcome tent she did for the antique show was incredible! [color palette so interesting!]

{hooked on hickory} said...

love mary mcdonald's office! probably too fancy shamancy for me. nonetheless, i'd work there!

ashley

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Mary does floors so fabulously...I love her floor in her office now. I'm pretty sure it's carpet striped on the bias, but it is awesome!!

I love a glamorous office. Hard to translate to 'real life' without looking over the top.

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I really love everything Mary does. I love to see really extravagant offices because I think that's a space that really needs to get your creative juices flowing.

www.mimosasnthemorning.com

Leslie said...

Oh my goshhhh, I adore these spaces!!! Although I don't know if I'd ever get any work done in such a beautiful space. I'd just admire the room and neglect my work, which just seems so counterproductive.

L
adventuresofoldandnew.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

these are some of my fave offices of all time! it's the layering and warmth that draws me in...
-e (modern24seven.blogspot.com)

the modern sybarite ™ said...

Offices like any other room must inspire us ... I have worked in a cubicle populated office floor and I can tell you it is quite awful!

Unknown said...

Loving all of your pics! I had not seen the Nuevo Estilo desk before but it is smokin' hot. You wouldn't need much else in the room.

I'll always love KW's office!

Amanda said...

yes, yes & yes!!! love all of those! and have several of them pinned in my inspiration files!

Three Sisters said...

I would work all the time!!! I have to say that my favorite desk space is Tamara Melon's (warhol print). Something about the minimalist and mature sophistication... but those gilded book cases have me swooning, too. Much to be inspired by. Cheers!

Three Sisters said...

I would work all the time!!! I have to say that my favorite desk space is Tamara Melon's (warhol print). Something about the minimalist and mature sophistication... but those gilded book cases have me swooning, too. Much to be inspired by. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Pretty fabulous, I love all of them and I too am on the lookout for a gold desk to work it - if it was good enough for Midas....

Karlita said...

Oh I liked the Mary McDonalds office more in this color palette than when she got that wall painted blue.. it's more soothing and at the same time creative and glamorous.. but still my favorite has Lauren Gold's

Allison Egan said...

Love these glam offices - and especially agree on the fantastic navy and white paneling! wow!
xo Allison
Spicer + Bank

www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

Anzu said...

I am just decorating my office and this is a VERY inspiring post!. I love all of them. Thanks a lot.

Faye Acklin said...

All these office spaces look spectacular! Who wouldn't want to work in these spaces? I prefer the seventh photo. It looks simple, but there's a touch of vintage which makes it relaxing. The color and design merged perfectly.

Matilda Jenkins said...

Elegant offices! Hopefully, these types of offices can make one become more productive to work.