photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh, you flirt!

My jaw dropped when I opened the new House Beautiful two days ago. I am so smitten with this over the top, flirty, gutsy Brooklyn house. I love how bold and feminine it is, though I will have to admire it from afar as I don't think my husband would ever go for hot pink walls. The home was designed by Jonathan Berger, who unfortunately does not have a website. How I would love to see the rest of his work. I am so surprised by the number of designers without websites. Anyway, when asked about the direction he took in designing the Brooklyn brownstone and whether the owner had any trepidation about so much pink, he said " She went for it right away. It's an all-girl household, and she wanted to celebrate the fact".


The foyer is painted in Benjamin Moore's Razzle Dazzle. The console and needlepoint covered chair are Louis XV.


I just love this living room! I love that everything is white because it really allows the gorgeous gilded sconces and the chairs covered in Lee Jofa's Pardah Print to stand out. Simply beautiful!

The second half of the living room features a lovely painted garden stool found on eBay and a vintage column lamp from Tepper Galleries.

The back part of the living room is a complete contrast to the front area in the previous two pictures. The look here is ultra-rich with hand-painted wallpaper by de Gournay, an antique starburst mirror, a graphic late 19th -century carpet from England, and a bevy of beautiful chairs.
The kitchen is decidedly more stream-lined and modern than the rest of the house, but still feels rather feminine. The cabinets feature antiqued mirrored glass fronts. The breakfast room is amazing, but I am saving it for Fabulous Room Friday, so stay tuned!

A vignette shows the other beautiful rooms in the house. The owner's daughters share a bathroom wallpapered in Lysette by China Seas. The elaborate paneling in the parlor was modernized by Beger who gave it a limed-oak finish. How gorgeous is the master bedroom? The bedspread is a suzani from eBay and the headboard was custom-made and covered in Nouvelle Orleans from Clarence House.

Berger designed the amazing bed in the owner's 14 year old daughter's bedroom. It was modeled on a 1940s Serge Roche bed, features an antiqued mirrored finish, and is lined in Salt Air from the Silk Trading Company.


All images scanned from the July 2009 issue of House Beautiful

19 comments:

Unknown said...

i just got this issue too - i LOVE the hot pink wall!!!
xoxo

Mr. + Mr. Rubio said...

I too have the issue. I love it! My husband wouldn't go for the pink walls either. Very fab find.

Yoli said...

It is a bit over the top for my minimalist taste but very pretty nevertheless.

Christina said...

Hi, must say its an inspiration to follow your blog. Bless your fab taste :-)

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I just received it yesterday and I have to agree it was amazing. All that pink. I want to be one of her daughters and move in!

Porchlight Interiors said...

Wow, I love everything about this house! I don't think my house full of boys would look quite so good in it though! Tracey xx

Yansy said...

I saw the pics too when I received the magazine today and I am head over heels for this place. If I was single I would want my place to look just like that. Why can't men be more open minded about color?

Haven and Home said...

I can't wait to look through this issue. Those pink chairs seriously have me wanting bright chairs!

City Living Girl said...

I can not wait to read this issue -LOVE all the pink! Thanks for the preview! No matter what I do, you seem to always get it first:) Also Loved your faves on
everything LEB.

Verdigris Vie said...

When I received my copy of HB I almost fainted, all that pink. Certainly a colour inspiration, feminine and fun.. but the truth, I just couldn't do it..

Vitania

Dreamgirl said...

I'm getting that issue!
Thanks for sharing. Your blog is so inspiring.

Please visit me at www.sweeterliving.blogspot.com

Greetings from Norway!

Tiina of livingConcept said...

oh, lovely! the first picture is such a fantastic colorful setup. i love it. and the chairs!? really cool ones.

i just found your beautiful blog, and enjoy it a lot. now i'll go for a little tour. you're welcome to visit my inpiration space!

Daniela Valdez said...

Oh, I know, I love House Beautiful too!!

Great pink pics!!

dee said...

We can admire it from afar together! I already told my husband though that when we build our extension (one day...), that the master bedroom will have a GIANT walk-in closet that is hot pink from top to bottom! Dreamy, right? :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I just sumbled upon your blog a few minutes ago, and I absolutely adore it. So cute and fun...I'll definitely be back! :)

Sarah Greenman said...

Oh wow. I'll bet mine is in the mail box. I'm going out to get it right now!

marie cole said...

The foyer is fabulous isn't it?

Fashion Maven said...

This issue makes me want to subscribe to HB. I think I will!

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

I randomly picked this up while in a salon waiting room. I loved the rooms so much I took the mag home! Anything pink = <3